• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Become a Cricket Web Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shri

Mr. Glass
And no Asian based ones. Fusion, np10 etc live in the US iirc. Have no idea how they are going to go about covering the time zone.

Sir Alex

Banned
And no Asian based ones. Fusion, np10 etc live in the US iirc. Have no idea how they are going to go about covering the time zone.
Oh, I think I raised this last time also (when Cal was appointed). It is unfortunate that the subcontinent gets ignored despite quality guys available (yours truly included :ph34r:)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not as if applications from posters from the subcontinent are automatically discarded, it's simply a case that the best applicants were the 5 that got the job, with timezones having fairly little to do with it, as it should be. Besides, with a number of mods from the UK, Aus/NZ and the US, there's not really going to be too much time in between where no one is online to deal with something urgently, in the rare event that something needs dealing with ASAP.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd suggest you didn't make such posts in the future sir alex, it's somewhat ill-informed.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It's not as if applications from posters from the subcontinent are automatically discarded, it's simply a case that the best applicants were the 5 that got the job, with timezones having fairly little to do with it, as it should be. Besides, with a number of mods from the UK, Aus/NZ and the US, there's not really going to be too much time in between where no one is online to deal with something urgently, in the rare event that something needs dealing with ASAP.
Looks like I have understood the system in a wrong way then. Fair enough.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Question to the ****s who applied/were appointed:

Why would you want to be a moderator? Surely it would actually detract from your enjoyment of the forum?

Fusion

Global Moderator

Why would you want to be a moderator? Surely it would actually detract from your enjoyment of the forum?
I actually considered that question before I applied. In the end though, I came to the conclusion that enjoyment of the forum is not contradictory with being a mod. I love the site or I wouldn’t be on here. I think it’s great that I get the chance to help out on the site when needed and help keep the atmosphere positive.

Thanks everyone for the welcome btw! :) Appreciate the kind words and hope to do a good job.

Shri

Mr. Glass

Only reason why I applied was to change your name to Prince CHEWS on dUcks.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks to everyone who took the time to apply!

I'm pleased to announce that the following members have been successful and are joining the Moderator Team.

• Matt79
  • nightprowler10
  • Fusion
  • four_or_six
  • Somerset

Also like to thank Jamee999 and Mister Wright for their time as moderators who are moving on from the moderator team.

Pretty Good Team, Congratulations to all the new mods.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty good set of appointments.

All are gun posters except one :ph34r: .

Hopefully the moderation only improves with these. Best of luck guys!!!!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I see all of the appointed Mods have 5000+ posts .I guess it was a major factor too in the appointments.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Are you still a moderator on planetcricket, np? Are you now a double agent? :renske:
Well the plan was for pasag to completely take over CW and I take over PC, following which we'd join forces (since Muslims and Jews do well together generally) to create PlanetCricketWeb in order to become a giant. Now that saggers has taken early retirement, I'll have to do it all on my own, though this way I get to implement Shari'a law over all of PCW.

I need sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.