• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why....

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
And the only person on my ignore list at the moment is Richard, so I wouldn't be worrying that nearly everyone's on ignore (just approximately half the posts on cricket chat)
As someone who sent Heef lolcat via email, I have to say I'm astonished.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Everyone makes errors now and again Richard :p

Have noticed the odd "perminant" etc from yourself :ph34r:
There's some words (perminant\permanent being one of them) that I just always get wrong and no matter how many times I spell-check-correct the thing I just keep doing it. cpr has never been one I've noticed make many errors at all though, as I say, which is why I was surprised.

cpr

International Coach
He's got dyslexia
Oh right, I see. Funny, TBH I'd never noticed, because by-and-large his wording and punctuation is first-rate. Which was why I was so surprised at 3 slip-ups in 1 post, because I can only remember about 1 previous 1 in 5,000 previous posts.

Corrin's right, my brain is backwards. Tend not to make spelling mistakes as I stick to words I can spell (plus Opera has those fuzzy red lines under crap spelling, a la Word, can see about 5 in this post that I'm ignoring). Grammatically known to **** up, esp stuff like tenses (eg there/their), actually have to think about them and concentrate.

However none of it excuse for blatantly lazy posting, which is what that was :cool:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I never really understood why dyslexia is treated differently to simply having a natural difficulty in spelling. Both are basic conditions of the brain that cannot be changed, and the net effect is identical, but one is treated with much more respect than the other. Can anyone explain to me why that is?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't say it's a pattern I'd ever noticed TBH.

Try, on a personal level, to sympathise fully with both things and not to make a big deal out of something frankly fairly immaterial.

cpr

International Coach
I never really understood why dyslexia is treated differently to simply having a natural difficulty in spelling. Both are basic conditions of the brain that cannot be changed, and the net effect is identical, but one is treated with much more respect than the other. Can anyone explain to me why that is?
Because if you can give one a fancy name then its not your fault :)