• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Viewing Cricketweb from a Mobile Device

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Cricketweb is pretty unfriendly browsing wise from the mobile. I wonder if it can be made more friendly. I am sure vbulletin might have solutions for it.

I own a BlackBerry phone.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah not sure how it works but we have that option as a different skin on PC. Even automatically shows that it was posted from a mobile device, though you can delete this. Would be nice if CW was able to do this as well. Its a real pain accessing it from a non-PDA phone.

Attachments

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AWTA. Good to have the little phone symbol to excuse spelling errors, or to explain incoherent posts if you're on your mobile when you're at a strip club (or something like that) :ph34r:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
May be able to view from a blackberry one way or another without wanting to pull your hair out, but its incredibly annoying with a small Motorola z9. I was actually going to start a thread on this pretty soon here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just go on the web on a computer IMO
Was going to say this myself, but thought it might be a bit harsh.

Isn't the purpose of alternate internet-access technology to view the same data via different means? Makes the whole thing a bit silly if we actually have to cater specifically for said technology IMO...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dunno, when i'm on my phone, I only ever go to CW to check threads when I'm bored, never to actually reply, always reserve the PC for that particular honour.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Was going to say this myself, but thought it might be a bit harsh.

Isn't the purpose of alternate internet-access technology to view the same data via different means? Makes the whole thing a bit silly if we actually have to cater specifically for said technology IMO...
That's taking the easy way out. We didn't have RSS in cricketweb and I raised the issue once. Now we have RSS. Most good sites on the net are mobile friendly and there is no reason we shouldn't strive for cricketweb being mobile friendly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's taking the easy way out. We didn't have RSS in cricketweb and I raised the issue once. Now we have RSS. Most good sites on the net are mobile friendly and there is no reason we shouldn't strive for cricketweb being mobile friendly.
I think mobiles should make CW mobile-friendly though; that was my point. I find it a bit arrogant of those who make such things to basically be saying "Well you can use the internet on it, but it'll be **** unless all the site owners conform". Internet pages already exist; if you're going to develop technology to access them, it's your responsibility to get it to work properly.

Not saying we shouldn't make an effort here; I just find it a bit dire that it has to come to such a point where we're expected to, is all.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think mobiles should make CW mobile-friendly though; that was my point. I find it a bit arrogant of those who make such things to basically be saying "Well you can use the internet on it, but it'll be **** unless all the site owners conform".
Mobiles can't make sites mobile friendly because of limitations of handsets more often than not. Sites have to make themselves mobile friendly. That's the way it works.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not saying we shouldn't make an effort here; I just find it a bit dire that it has to come to such a point where we're expected to, is all.
We aren't expected to do it. It would be great and a bonus if it happens, that's all. I agree with you here.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dunno, when i'm on my phone, I only ever go to CW to check threads when I'm bored, never to actually reply, always reserve the PC for that particular honour.
Same. Every once in a while I'll need to look at something, like if I can't remember the name of a book or game someone recommended. When this happens, it'll take me a good five minutes or so to get to the thread I need to read, whereas on PC it'll take me little to no time. As Pratters said, it'll be a nice bonus if it ever happens for people like me.