• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ban announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This may not come as a great surprise to a lot of people, but I've got to say this whole banning of Corrin stinks. It's not like my record in these matters is particularly great, but this seems like a totally illogical knee jerk reaction. If the ban has been handed down for the posts he sent in the direction of Sir Alex, as it would appear, then this seems to be pretty unfair. Sir Alex is one of themost obvious trolls I've seen on here, and it appears calling a spade a spade as happened in this case is against the rules? There have been several occasions where I've signed in and seen this guy spewing his **** all over various forums and subforums but yet nothing seems to be done about it. The efforts made to warn him or stop this sort of behaviour seems to have been totally negligible. I'm not surprised that people are getting pissed off when this sort of thing is not only tolerated, but even worse it seems that certain moderators (Ginger ****ball) actually contribute to the baiting in some cases.

Furthermore, if this decision has been made for the sake of "consistency", I'd love to hear how many warnings were handed out to GIMH for his supposedly unnaceptable behaviour. It's laughable that a very well respected member, who writes frequently for the site and has shown his dedication over a number of years should be handed down a ban out of the blue for saying something(s) which everyone else is thinking, but then the rest of us are made to put up with the likes of Sir Alex/Aussie/Rodgie for months on end after they fail to heed the endless warnings they are given. Granted this is only a 3 day ban, so I'm not going to create any more of a fuss than this. But the decision is rank.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Agree WRT Sir Alex getting away with waaaay more than Corrin ever did. FFS, Sir Alex trolled the whole forum for months and months before getting banned. Not exactly consistent IMO. Windie Weathers in the same boat. pasag has pretty much done the same as far as abusing crappy posters, I don't disagree with what he actually said one bit, but it does seem like he hasn't really had any warnings as such.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When I saw "Banned" under GIMH I thought it had been done as a joke along the lines of Bradman being Number 8 in the Top 50. I thought there would be enough time given for a lot of WTF and other indignant rants before Noel Edmunds appeared carrying a nice shiney "Gotcha".
I don't know what he said to Sir Arse, but what ever it was he should have been given a medal. It's him and the likes of Zebra Kadabra (or something like that, I can't be bothered to look it up) that have rendered Cricket Chat unreadable for months.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
when i saw "banned" under gimh i thought it had been done as a joke along the lines of bradman being number 8 in the top 50. I thought there would be enough time given for a lot of wtf and other indignant rants before noel edmunds appeared carrying a nice shiney "gotcha".
I don't know what he said to sir arse, but what ever it was he should have been given a medal. It's him and the likes of zebra kadabra (or something like that, i can't be bothered to look it up) that have rendered cricket chat unreadable for months.
wag.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Is a lot of this fallout WC related? Surely football has to involve banter? Personally Id be a little more concerned with people that are ****s to others and bait people on a regular basis (I say this with noone particular in mind rather it is something that occasionally worries me)

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
. I'm not surprised that people are getting pissed off when this sort of thing is not only tolerated, but even worse it seems that certain moderators (Ginger ****ball) actually contribute to the baiting in some cases.
Yes this

I would expect better of someone of such stature and integrity.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm not surprised that people are getting pissed off when this sort of thing is not only tolerated, but even worse it seems that certain moderators (Ginger ****ball) actually contribute to the baiting in some cases.
Go on, link to where I've baited in the WC forum.

I've copped a lot worse over my nationality than anything I've supposedly dished out. I've not said anything about the England side that's drastically different to anything Uppercut has said, yet because I'm Scottish certain posters decided to get uppity about it.

GIMH was warned at least twice on Sunday about his posting, once by myself, once by Liam, and both warnings were completely ignored.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Just a 3 day ban for Gimh? I will take my turn next when Alex returns and do something that gets me a similar ban. Despise him.

Now thats what is known as setting a precedence.:ph34r:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Go on, link to where I've baited in the WC forum.

I've copped a lot worse over my nationality than anything I've supposedly dished out. I've not said anything about the England side that's drastically different to anything Uppercut has said, yet because I'm Scottish certain posters decided to get uppity about it.

GIMH was warned at least twice on Sunday about his posting, once by myself, once by Liam, and both warnings were completely ignored.
Yeah but it WAS a goal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.