• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ban announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
He's not interested in coming back, which is a great shame IMO, but then I don't know what he was banned for and for how long so I may have spoken out of turn in inviting him
I think it was for suggesting that Richard Hadlee was good enough to bat at Number 4 in Tests.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I've never been banned from a forum but if I was I certainly wouldn't return.
I held the same opinion not that long ago. However I realise now the moderators are only human and can make mistakes (from the perspective of some one). As long as they are trying to do a fair job, giving it their best, it is no use to hold malice.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Would like a locked ban announcement thread. Part of the point of a ban must surely be to encourage proper behaviour in others, which announcing the general reason why someone was banned would help, and to provide some visibility that it isn't the law of the jungle on here and hence reducing the amount of retaliation.
AWTA.

z

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I held the same opinion not that long ago. However I realise now the moderators are only human and can make mistakes (from the perspective of some one). As long as they are trying to do a fair job, giving it their best, it is no use to hold malice.
It depends what importance you place on an Internet Forum. To me it's something to do in my leisure time. I don't intend spending it looking over my shoulder or over analysing everything I write. If I was banned from any forum I wouldn't bother with it again, but not out of malice, I just couldn't give a monkey's..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It depends what importance you place on an Internet Forum. To me it's something to do in my leisure time. I don't intend spending it looking over my shoulder or over analysing everything I write. If I was banned from any forum I wouldn't bother with it again, but not out of malice, I just couldn't give a monkey's..
Very interesting. I don't place importance to the CW forum I used to place. I realise it is just another online forum, bloody good though it is. I wouldn't take snide remarks from members or a decision to ban me personally. The online fellow cricket fans are not the real significant people in my life, my family and close friends are. If they say some thing personal, it should hurt, not some radom guy on the internet. A decision to ban from an internet forum shouldn't be taken personally as well. It is really silly to cry over some thing like it (like it occured with me) and shows you are giving it far too much importance.

If a forum gives be joy and has fair moderation team (CW has a great one), quality members (mostly) and quality discussionon my area of interest (another great aspect of cw, I would still be a part of it. It is EXACTLY because I don't give that level of importance to it for which you say you wouldn't bother returning to the forum.

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Would like a locked ban announcement thread. Part of the point of a ban must surely be to encourage proper behaviour in others, which announcing the general reason why someone was banned would help, and to provide some visibility that it isn't the law of the jungle on here and hence reducing the amount of retaliation.
All should come with fifty page judgments in the vein of the High Court IMO.

Orthdox J: I have read the judgment of my learned friend Wright J, and I agree.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Beaten by a half cut **** posting on a Blackberry from halfway through dessert too.

I would be ashamed as well.. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Support the banning of all Englishmen until a month after the whitewash ftr.
Can't see a whitewash, myself. Watson will go on or Hussey will make a score at some point. If we can alomst jizz up chasing 213, we'll come badly unstuck chasing anything approaching 300.

Anyway, Corrin's ban a tad harsh to my way of thinking. Admitedly I am biased, but SA did seem to be willfully trolling.

morgieb

How long's Sir Alex banned for?

Surprised Corrin got the arse. Admittely is biased, but he's good value.

Uppercut

Surprised Corrin got the arse. Admittely is biased, but he's good value.
Haha, I think it's just that anyone else would have got banned for some of the stuff Corrin posted and the mods are trying to be even-handed in spite of the fact that we all love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.