• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Too many emails

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
I was wondering how I can stop recieving emails whenever someone posts in a thread I'm subsribed too. They tend to fill up my inbox. I've tried different things in the CP options, however I seem to be doing something wrong.

Also while I'm here, can someone give me instruction how to correctly post a picture in a post. Whenever I try it just comes up as thumbnails.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
To post an image, put the url you're pasting in between these [I M G] [/I M G] tags, (PLEASE NOTE: for the picture to actually show, there needs to be no spaces. I only used spaces between the letters because if I didn't it would try to post a picture of nothing).

ie. [I M G]YOUR PICTURE URL GOES HERE[/I M G]

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
re: the emails - go to User CP-> Edit Options and choose 'Do Not Subscribe to Threads' or 'No Email Notification'

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
re: the emails - go to User CP-> Edit Options and choose 'Do Not Subscribe to Threads' or 'No Email Notification'
I've actually done this - I started a thread about it myself a few weeks back - but it hasn't worked, I still get emails for every thread I've posted in.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I've actually done this - I started a thread about it myself a few weeks back - but it hasn't worked, I still get emails for every thread I've posted in.
It could be the old threads that you posted in before changing the settings.

That works for me, don't know why not for you.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, you need to delete all your old subscriptions, and stop subscribing.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
To post a picture the way you want:

[IMG]http://taiyak.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/cricket.jpg[/IMG]

Will show up as:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it works for URLs, but I find if I try to upload a pic from my PC then it's a thumbnail. Same if I try to do one of those lame-ass motivational things.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you want to post a picture, rather than upload one as an attachment, you have to first upload it to a site like ImageShack or PhotoBucket (or even Facebook). You can then use the IMG & /IMG tags that Smith and np10 have mentioned.

There is no way to post an image directly from your computer, you can only attach as a thumbnail.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you want to post a picture, rather than upload one as an attachment, you have to first upload it to a site like ImageShack or PhotoBucket (or even Facebook). You can then use the IMG & /IMG tags that Smith and np10 have mentioned.

There is no way to post an image directly from your computer, you can only attach as a thumbnail.
Thanks mate

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer

Thanks - that is what I was doing wrong. :)

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Yeah I'd done that, but was still recieving the emails

It could be the old threads that you posted in before changing the settings.
And this was why!

Yeah, you need to delete all your old subscriptions, and stop subscribing.
I've done that now, so I think I'm all good.

Thanks to everyone who helped with my couple of problems. I'm now much better informed and in control of my little place on the forum. cheers

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Just FTR, whatg is the best free image hosting site? I use Tinypic, but it annoys the hell out of me because it is so slow.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I use Photobucket but would suggest using imageshack. PB resizes large images whereas I don't think imageshack does. If I could bf I would change but I cbf.