• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inactive Moderators

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Shouldn't they be off the moderators list just like cw staff are no longer cw staff. Rich2001, Loony Bob and Mr Mxyzptlk are hardly visible on the forum to me at least. Maybe Liam is active in CW XI and Rich is active with the site but they are dormant on the whole. Loony Bob - there is no reason for him remaining a mod with the amount of activity and moderation effort he shows. Not complaining, just saying, so don't take it otherwise.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Shouldn't they be off the moderators list just like cw staff are no longer cw staff. Rich2001, Loony Bob and Mr Mxyzptlk are hardly visible on the forum to me at least. Maybe Liam is active in CW XI and Rich is active with the site but they are dormant on the whole. Loony Bob - there is no reason for him remaining a mod with the amount of activity and moderation effort he shows. Not complaining, just saying, so don't take it otherwise.
Jack gave info the other week as to some stuff that Loony Bob does, in the sledger thread

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rich still does stuff with the site and Liam still owns the CWXI. Fair point about Towns though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Rich2001 still has ban powers, and does use them at times for spammers during Northern Hemisphere hours. Towns is a valuable resource for us with regards to vBulletin features. Camps is still active enough to have an opinion on pretty much most issues on the forums, much the same as Neil, even though they don't necessarily do that much reprimanding/moderating on the forums.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Might need a look at the problem himself.

(Just trotting out reasons to see if one will stick.)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Fairly sure moderators aren't given free access to site code.

C+P works over email as well.

Fact is, Towns hasn't done any moderating since his infamous jacking-himself-off incident for a few weeks. Same goes for Kyle, but at least he reads more than 1 forum+1 thread.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Towns needs to be a mod to keep the swear filter working efficiently tbh, the forum isn't safe when words like "poo" are visible to all the prospective OT posters.

morgieb

TBH the only mod who you really see do anything is the Boss. Might be a few others though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Moderator activity extends beyond reprimanding people on the forum. There are discussions leading to those posts. Just a thought.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.
Possibly best quote reply ever in this forum sub-section.