• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The History of CW

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
As a relative newcomer, I was wondering if someone could give me a potted history of CW. The founders, the movers, the shakers, the characters who are no longer with us, the controversies, the bans.

Let's leave current posters and current controversies out of it though.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
As a relative newcomer, I was wondering if someone could give me a potted history of CW. The founders, the movers, the shakers, the characters who are no longer with us, the controversies, the bans.

Let's leave current posters and current controversies out of it though.
There used to be a link that showed all the designs of CW over the years. Apart from the categories you describe, that is an interesting addition to the history.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That does still exist - the only link I can find to it is a post by Seam F00lins... give me a sec and I might find it.

As for A History Of CricketWeb, it's a book I'm planning to write someday.................

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Surely now Perm doesn't frequent this place any more, the ban on Fiery is surplus to requirements?
Ban on Fiery wasn't to stop him and Perm constantly spamming the place up with their flame-wars, just because Fiery couldn't quite bring himself to abide by all the rules.

Whether time has healed wounds of course remains to be seen but there's only so much patience mods are ever going to show someone.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Where's that other troll Ikki (previously spamaholic) got to? Also Shortpitched seems to have disappeared. You turn your back for a few months and at least 6 disappear to be replaced by 12 year olds who think cricket started on the day they were born. This forum seems to be at it's lowest ever ebb.