• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The History of CW

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Where's that other troll Ikki (previously spamaholic) got to? Also Shortpitched seems to have disappeared. You turn your back for a few months and at least 6 disappear to be replaced by 12 year olds who think cricket started on the day they were born. This forum seems to be at it's lowest ever ebb.
Lilian, I love you man.

Flem274*

123/5
Where's that other troll Ikki (previously spamaholic) got to? Also Shortpitched seems to have disappeared. You turn your back for a few months and at least 6 disappear to be replaced by 12 year olds who think cricket started on the day they were born. This forum seems to be at it's lowest ever ebb.
I like to yell at clouds, don't you? :p

Seriosuly, if I had a tenner for every time someone declared CW was at its greatest depths ever, I could pay off my student loan (except I wouldn't, I'd spend it on something else).

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not really.
I do like to read interesting cricket threads though. Cricket Chat has always been around two-thirds of utter dross but the good bits made up for it. At the moment there isn't a decent thread on the first page.

Seriously, if I had a tenner for every time someone declared CW was at its greatest depths ever, I could pay off my student loan (except I wouldn't, I'd spend it on something else).
Perhaps it's declined a little every day since day one.

cpr

International Coach

Seriosuly, if I had a tenner for every time someone declared CW was at its greatest depths ever, I could pay off my student loan (except I wouldn't, I'd spend it on something else).
If i had a tenner for every time Sledger had declared his love for someone since his return, i'd be able to pay off both mine and yours student loans, and still buy that Bugatti.....

Only jealous he hasnt said it to me

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually dav wasn't 100% off, because my stock certainly rose in my absences - but no, yours didn't. People begun to look forwards to your return a day after your ban was imposed TBH. sledger is either loved or hated, whether he's around or not, and that doesn't change.

As far as those similar to Rodgie in their absence-makes-the-heart-grow-less-not-fond were concerned, well, I was mainly referring to the likes of Fiery, Nikhil Nichiani and those sorts. The types who eminently had their upsides (even Rodgie did) but who just let themselves down regularly and when they weren't around we tended to forget just how often that actually was.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Where's that other troll Ikki (previously spamaholic) got to? Also Shortpitched seems to have disappeared.
Regular case. shortpitched713 has had lengthy absences throughout his time on CW, but then returns and makes loads of posts as if he'd never been away.

His latest comeback is rather overdue. Hopefully Pakistan winning the Twenty20 World thingy might induce it.

KaZoH0lic's activity has been scaled back of late, but like Lillian Thomson that's happened before and been reversed before.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Calm before storm IMO. Ashes should help.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, if I had a tenner for every time someone declared CW was at its greatest depths ever, I could pay off my student loan (except I wouldn't, I'd spend it on something else).
I stand corrected. I've just been reading the Sledger thread in OT.