Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post
    This is much appreciated. When I didn't get the feedback, you can understand, I felt as if I was being ignored, and you can imagine how disappointing that felt
    My apologies for that, I'm doing my best to respond to all Reported Posts that come in, but have had so many things on lately that a few things haven't quite worked out as planned.

If you get really concerned about anything, feel free to contact me personally through one of the addresses in my email signature.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Have to say I agree with Jack and would oppose substitution.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    This is the greatest piece of swear filtering in forum history. It's from a long since defunct TV forum.
    and how is that related to the CW filter?

Removed. We're not interested in hearing how other forums filter swear words.

Agree with Jack on this one.

Personally wish any more than two laughing smiley's in a row was on the list of filtered items. Perhaps we could arrange for to be replaced with "I'm a moron". Especially given some posters use of it in EVERY single post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I'm a moron

edit - wtfs
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Personally wish any more than two laughing smiley's in a row was on the list of filtered items. Perhaps we could arrange for to be replaced with "I'm a moron". Especially given some posters use of it in EVERY single post.
    Well, 1 or 2 more like. Been noted for yonks how multiple laugh smilies denotes an either naive or near-useless poster.

If there was some way to block it - obviously there isn't, but hypo-speaking - I'd be just delighted, as would so many.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Is laughlaughlaugh really worse than ROFL or LOL? In reply to a quoted funny post I mean, I agree that when JASON used it after everything he said, funny or not, it got irritating, but I find it's just a good way to show a post made me laugh. I guess one might do the job though.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Yeah, the thing is Jamee that when someone uses three laughing smileys it's generally laughing at their own jokes, rather than someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
    Is laughlaughlaugh really worse than ROFL or LOL? In reply to a quoted funny post I mean, I agree that when JASON used it after everything he said, funny or not, it got irritating, but I find it's just a good way to show a post made me laugh. I guess one might do the job though.
    There are a handful of posters (one lamentably a little more active than usual currently - I think most know which one I mean) who use multiple Laugh smilies every post, mostly when there's nothing remotely laugh-worthy in it. I seem to remember JASON doing it a bit, but he stopped once people pointed-out how moronic it was - he wasn't an unreasonable guy.

There's nothing too much wrong with quoting a post and putting one Laugh smiley, or a Laugh and a Lol, or a "LMAO" or "ROFL" etc. there, though from time to time it's a bit irritating and waste-of-post-ish IMO. Especially when someone does it in a personal-vendetta-enhancement way, which a handful of posters do from time to time. But that isn't the point that's being made.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Yeah, the thing is Jamee that when someone uses three laughing smileys it's generally laughing at their own jokes, rather than someone else's.
    smacks of 'I can't be bothered coming up with an intelligent reply so I'm going to over compensate by doing more than the acceptable amount of smilies in a post' imo.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Might be annoying, but no more so than poor spelling, excessive hyphenation, under or over capitalisation, lack of paragraph breaks etc. Excessive use of smilies along with poor syntax generally indicate that the post is probably not worth reading, so don't know why you would want them banned, if anyone is seriously suggesting that.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

No-one's seriously suggesting it, because it'd be realistically impossible to do. But it'd be rather amusing to see such idiocy replaced with "I'm a moron" or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I'm a moron

edit - wtfs
    Lol. Champion.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    wifi

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information