• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Performance Issues

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At the moment I'm getting a screen saying "Failed to establish a connection" when i click a link on the forum. I have to go back on my browser and click the link again, after which it usually loads again properly.

EDIT: Just happened on another site, may just be me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Keep getting this randomly every now and again

After I press OK, I get page not displayed, press refresh and everything works out okay. Bit annoying, not a big deal, but worth a mention

James

Cricket Web Owner
that problem is solved but......just now noticed one thing see the attachment

just wanted to know from the guys using IE 8 whether they are getting this problem...think my machine still needs a look into :(
I tested on an IE 8 machine at work today, and it displayed fine for me.

See:

http://www.files2net.com/files/193812002/ie8-1.JPG

http://www.files2net.com/files/46835648/ie8-2.JPG

http://www.files2net.com/files/107180422/ie8-3.JPG

Are you still having problems? What screen resolution are you using?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Keep getting this randomly every now and again

After I press OK, I get page not displayed, press refresh and everything works out okay. Bit annoying, not a big deal, but worth a mention
Been getting something similar as well.
If you guys get this again, can you post about it straight away, so I can check things out with the server at that particular time?

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
Still getting it.....i get this only when i use QR not Quote or Post Reply

My resolution is 1024 * 768

Attachments

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm finding it bloody hopeless over the past couple of days. Have to take a 5 minute break every 20 minutes because it won't connect.

Getting this screen a lot.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Its been bad this afternoon, and I've got a call into our hosts about it now.

Please to everyone if you're experiencing problems with the site, please speak up about it. Don't leave it, assume no one else has told me. Would much prefer being told by heaps of people than none at all. Especially as Jack above has said it's been happening since yesterday, but no one thought to post or notify me about it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Response from the hosts:

Hello James,

I noticed few IPs hammering your server on Apache.
I blocked all IPs that had over 50 connections to Apache open, and have stopped apache to drop their connections.
Dropped IPs are:

IPs removed from James.

Best regards
Tom H.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Working fine now.

as an aside, I notice that Jack has his facebook on Pirate language :laugh:

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'm still having a hard time connecting to the site. It's been very difficult to connect during the last 2 hours.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah it's working fine for me now as well. It was mostly during the Pak/NZ game that I had trouble connecting.