• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Performance Issues

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well if I'm using Quotes I'll press Quote or Multi-Quote - hence I never press reply

Jakester1288

International Regular
Quick reply is awesome, IMO. If I plan on writing a review or making a big post, I prefer using the "Post reply" button, and if I quote, I use the quote or multi-quote buttons.

I can't understand how you don't use quick-reply though, it's so much quicker and easier if you aren't quoting.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Always use QR - forever forgetting to tick, or untick as appropriate, the "Quote Message in Reply" option, much to my chagrin.

Only use Quote or Multiquote when what I'm going to say REALLY won't make any sense without an editted quote, or several quotes stuck together.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well if I'm using Quotes I'll press Quote or Multi-Quote - hence I never press reply
Ah, I see. Well, I use quote if the post I'm replying to isn't the bottom one, or if it needs to be edited\split, and reply if it's the bottom one.

I have QR minimised to save a little of the loading time TBH, so there's no point continually re-activating it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Still crappy Athlai?

Is there anything you're doing differently GeraintIsMyHero when that poll screen appears? Can you re-produce it consistenly?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still crappy Athlai?

Is there anything you're doing differently GeraintIsMyHero when that poll screen appears? Can you re-produce it consistenly?
Nope, it just seems to happen from time to time. Basically the repro steps for this morning are just:

-Click QR
-Write post
-Press Alt + S to post

It hasn't happened since the loads times stopped being slow though

James

Cricket Web Owner
Na its alright now. But it has been doing this off and on for a while now.
If you're experiencing problems, please report it so I can address it as soon as possible. Best way to contact me is through one of the methods in my signature :)

Nope, it just seems to happen from time to time. Basically the repro steps for this morning are just:

-Click QR
-Write post
-Press Alt + S to post

It hasn't happened since the loads times stopped being slow though
This is down right odd I've got to say. I've never experienced it. I'll see if anyone over on the vbulletin forums has any ideas.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Have seen the following this morning, when using QR:

First things first, why are you using Internet Explorer!?!?

Second, why do you have so many tabs open?

Third, for James, I had a small problem late this afternoon/evening, possibly around the time Voltman posted, but it only lasted a couple of minutes. My FireFox actually started giving me time out errors.