• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

thread gone AWOL

Smith

Banned
I deleted it because I felt it was getting into a real rant. Someone else may restart if they want.

James

Cricket Web Owner
We've discussed this in moderator circles and feel members shouldn't be able to delete threads because in this case after a fair few people contribute to it, it becomes apart of the forums and isn't really your thread anymore.

A permission change in the forums will be taking place.

If you have a problem with a post, use the report a post feature which brings it to the attention of the moderators.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I deleted a thread once with about 30 posts on it and no one batted an eyelid.

The thread was poor though.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Perhaps that was why. Never really been brought up at all until now.

The permission change has been made, so it's now not possible to delete a thread that you start.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've discussed this in moderator circles and feel members shouldn't be able to delete threads because in this case after a fair few people contribute to it, it becomes apart of the forums and isn't really your thread anymore.

If you have a problem with a post, use the report a post feature which brings it to the attention of the moderators.
Great. The site needs more avenues for Sanz to vent his spleen.

Smith

Banned

I thought moderators could view the deleted posts and threads and possible could restore them if they want?