• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ignore Function

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Is it possible to have it so post from people who are on your ignore list don't show up in the thread instead of that message that says 'this message is hidden because the person is on your ignore list' its just annoying when the whole page is made up of those every other post, or even 6 or 7 in a row, specially if 2 people on your ignore list happen to be conversing?

Jakester1288

International Regular
Yes, it would be good remove their posts completely. Peoples posts still show up when quoted as well IIRC, something we should look at removing.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
James mentioned a while back that it could be done by modifying the templates. I guess there are time constraints at work. I'm all for it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes, I posted about this in the past saying it was possible, but based on the lack of a response to it, I presumed people weren't really interested int it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yes, I posted about this in the past saying it was possible, but based on the lack of a response to it, I presumed people weren't really interested int it.
Most people probably have you on ignore James. :dry:

jondavluc

State Regular
Yeah I agree I think it needs to worked in the near future .It's almost pointless in blocking people at the moment.

cpr

International Coach
Actually, i'm in the opposite camp. People on my ignore list tend to have moments where they dont post like a ******, and its nice to have the option to have a look at one or two of their posts in serious threads, whilst ignoring the utter **** waste of time elsewhere

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, i'm in the opposite camp. People on my ignore list tend to have moments where they dont post like a ******, and its nice to have the option to have a look at one or two of their posts in serious threads, whilst ignoring the utter **** waste of time elsewhere
Yeah well like obviously for someone like Richard, i read his posts on the domestic season thread and some on the official threads but not the others. Someone like Precambian i'm never likely to feel the need to read any of his posts. The ideal situation would be to be able to do both but if we can only do one or the other i could put up with taking some people of ignore who's posts i might read if it meant the others disappeared completely.

Matt79

Global Moderator
How do you tell which is which without making your brain hurt...