Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Ignore Function

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar

Ignore Function

Is it possible to have it so post from people who are on your ignore list don't show up in the thread instead of that message that says 'this message is hidden because the person is on your ignore list' its just annoying when the whole page is made up of those every other post, or even 6 or 7 in a row, specially if 2 people on your ignore list happen to be conversing?
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

International Regular
    Yes, it would be good remove their posts completely. Peoples posts still show up when quoted as well IIRC, something we should look at removing.

James mentioned a while back that it could be done by modifying the templates. I guess there are time constraints at work. I'm all for it.

Yes, I posted about this in the past saying it was possible, but based on the lack of a response to it, I presumed people weren't really interested int it.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yes, I posted about this in the past saying it was possible, but based on the lack of a response to it, I presumed people weren't really interested int it.
    Most people probably have you on ignore James.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Most people probably have you on ignore James.
    You can't add an administrator or moderator to your ignore list

This is the reason why I don't use the ignore list. If changed I would use it.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Do it James, do it!

Yeah I agree I think it needs to worked in the near future .It's almost pointless in blocking people at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    This is the reason why I don't use the ignore list. If changed I would use it.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as DCYE on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

cpr
    Actually, i'm in the opposite camp. People on my ignore list tend to have moments where they dont post like a ******, and its nice to have the option to have a look at one or two of their posts in serious threads, whilst ignoring the utter **** waste of time elsewhere
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Actually, i'm in the opposite camp. People on my ignore list tend to have moments where they dont post like a ******, and its nice to have the option to have a look at one or two of their posts in serious threads, whilst ignoring the utter **** waste of time elsewhere
    Yeah well like obviously for someone like Richard, i read his posts on the domestic season thread and some on the official threads but not the others. Someone like Precambian i'm never likely to feel the need to read any of his posts. The ideal situation would be to be able to do both but if we can only do one or the other i could put up with taking some people of ignore who's posts i might read if it meant the others disappeared completely.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    How do you tell which is which without making your brain hurt...

Thread Information