• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Search Feature

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Finding this new search feature annoying. If I put in "Ponting", for example, and even posts made by a certain user with Ponting in them, then the results are all botched. Can't organise them by date, the relevancy sorting feature is pretty ordinary. And results just aren't coming up as they should.

Precambrian

Banned
It is way better than anything we've had so far. And I think this is the standard in all Bulletin boards, is it not?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah, typed in "Zimbabwe" and "The Zimbabwe Thread" was hidden somewhere on page 7, in amongst stuff like "What do you do with girls"

James

Cricket Web Owner
I just searched for Zimbabwe and got a heap of relevant results on the first page.

This search is actually more powerful than vBulletin inbuilt search and not a faster too.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
To reiterate what I said in another thread:

Cbf opening a new thread. Is it possible to add more sort options for the search feature? Since the new version or whatever it's only possible to sort by relevancy. Should be able to sort by date at least.
New search is fairly useless to me without proper sort options.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Also, not that big a deal, but we don't seem to be able to search for multiple words in quotes. Not sure if we ever could, but would be nice to be able to.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've been playing with the search the past few days, and its been driving me crazy too!

I'm going to attempt to put the old search back and monitor the server load this weekend.

Stay tuned.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Apologies for the delay everyone.

'The search has been re-done and put back to the original vBulletin search.

Please report back any problems.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:thumbup1:

Nonetheless, just given it a crack and the results-which-I-know-are-there-not-showing-up problem is still in-place and how.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What are you searching for that you know is there but isn't showing in the results?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
For example, I'll search for threads started by me which have "birthday" and "Harmison" (that's two separate searches BTW) in the title, and nothing.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can hardly get a result before the start of this year. Maybe it has something to do with when the search function was changed.