• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ask the spider

Precambrian

Banned
Of late quite a few errors have crept into the answers.

I checked two Ask the Spider Questions, in #45 and #47, and found them to be incorrect.

1. Who was the bowler to take wicket of his last ball in tests? (#45)
The answer ignored McGrath.

2. Who played most number of tests before he became captain?
Answered incorrectly as Steve Waugh (111 tests) when it is actually Anil Kumble (118).

Not nitpicking, but just a friendly suggestion to improve the quality of a superb website.

biased indian

International Coach
one doubt is the cricketweb best viewed in IE only

because in my FF if i take the Stat spider main page all the flags of the countries are shown under the menu bar on the Right side ..in IE its coming ok

James

Cricket Web Owner
Of late quite a few errors have crept into the answers.

I checked two Ask the Spider Questions, in #45 and #47, and found them to be incorrect.

1. Who was the bowler to take wicket of his last ball in tests? (#45)
The answer ignored McGrath.

2. Who played most number of tests before he became captain?
Answered incorrectly as Steve Waugh (111 tests) when it is actually Anil Kumble (118).

Not nitpicking, but just a friendly suggestion to improve the quality of a superb website.
Thanks for the feedback.

one doubt is the cricketweb best viewed in IE only

because in my FF if i take the Stat spider main page all the flags of the countries are shown under the menu bar on the Right side ..in IE its coming ok
Works fine in Fire Fox for me. Can you screen-print what you're seeing?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, a quick look at the comments shows most are about noticing errors (sometimes incorrectly but mostly pointing out real erors)

An example of one is,

"Q: Who waited longest in terms of matches to score a century?

A: Depending on whether you mean the longest wait from debut to maiden century or the most consecutive games between centuries, the answer is Shaun Pollock (whose first came in his 51st game - and he almost immediately scored another) or Adam Parore, who played 56 games between his two Test centuries. "

Well, as stated, Jason Gillespie didnt score a ton until his 71st Test so you would expect his inclusion.

Who are the team? Is it he same guys as before? Is there a fact checking system?

I think its a great idea and has been done well, but to be acclaimed as expert then all the questions need to be answered correctly. Too many slips leads to a credibility issue.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, a quick look at the comments shows most are about noticing errors (sometimes incorrectly but mostly pointing out real erors)

An example of one is,

"Q: Who waited longest in terms of matches to score a century?

A: Depending on whether you mean the longest wait from debut to maiden century or the most consecutive games between centuries, the answer is Shaun Pollock (whose first came in his 51st game - and he almost immediately scored another) or Adam Parore, who played 56 games between his two Test centuries. "

Well, as stated, Jason Gillespie didnt score a ton until his 71st Test so you would expect his inclusion.
Not to mention Anil Kumble... 17 years and 118 matches.

biased indian

International Coach
Works fine in Fire Fox for me. Can you screen-print what you're seeing?

At your service .....:cool: pls find the attachment

and found one more thing in the stat page of india it says kirmani has the most catches for india when dravid has 20 more catches than kirmani

Attachments

James

Cricket Web Owner
At your service .....:cool: pls find the attachment

and found one more thing in the stat page of india it says kirmani has the most catches for india when dravid has 20 more catches than kirmani
Thanks for the screen-print.

What version of Firefox are you using? I'm using 3.0.5 and it's displaying ok.

Precambrian

Banned
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.18) Gecko/20081029 Firefox/2.0.0.18

is it older one ???
Yes.

This is the latest version

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.4

You can update it by pressing "Check for Updates" in Help

James

Cricket Web Owner
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.18) Gecko/20081029 Firefox/2.0.0.18

is it older one ???
You're using a way old version of Firefox. Firefox 2.0 was released in 2006.

As Precambrian said, I would suggest you upgrade your browser.