• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

URL changing

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I use the forum.cricketweb.net URL to access the forums, however now when I click on a link (a thread, or forum), the URL changes to cricketweb.net/forum :huh:

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yep, you should use Cricket Web Forum . We stopped linking to forum.cricketweb.net with the new design in January last year, but I presume that those of you who use forum.cricketweb.net had it bookmarked before then.

Change your bookmarks and start using Cricket Web Forum and everything will be fine :)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How weird, because it had never done that to me before today. I was able to use forum.cricketweb fine, then today I could access the forum using that, but when I clicked on a link, it change the url :S

Not complaining FTR, just found it strange that it had never happened before.

James

Cricket Web Owner
How weird, because it had never done that to me before today. I was able to use forum.cricketweb fine, then today I could access the forum using that, but when I clicked on a link, it change the url :S

Not complaining FTR, just found it strange that it had never happened before.
The forum was upgaded to vBulletin 3.8 today and vbseo was applied. That's why.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
We stopped linking to forum.cricketweb.net with the new design in January last year, but I presume that those of you who use forum.cricketweb.net had it bookmarked before then.
Nah, the old one just stuck in the fingers.

Will be hard to unlearn.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WoW, this new URL system is totally different. Does this mean that the old showthread=<number> URL no longer works?