• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Public messaging

G.I.Joe

International Coach
James, is it possible to improve the ignore function so as to completely remove all traces of the ignored poster from the threads?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Could you give an example please?
What I mean is, if you have someone on ignore, you still get those placeholders within a thread containing messages stating that person XYZ posted here but you can't read his posts since you have him on ignore. Also you're forced to read his quoted posts. Is it possible to remove all references to the person from the thread? Sanitise the thread completely, so to speak.

EDIT: This is what I mean (I don't have you on ignore, Voltman. I just put you on ignore temporarily since I could use your quoted post immediately below for demonstration purposes.)

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
What I mean is, if you have someone on ignore, you still get those placeholders within a thread containign messages stating that person XYZ posted here but you can't read his posts since you have him on ignore. Also quoted posts. Is it possible to remove all references to the person from the thread?
Yes it is possible to do that by modifying one of the existing vbulletin templates.

Not sure if we would want to do that though. If enough people reckon it's worth considering, it can be discussed amongst the mods.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yes it is possible to do that by modifying one of the existing vbulletin templates.

Not sure if we would want to do that though. If enough people reckon it's worth considering, it can be discussed amongst the mods.
If its possible by modifying the templates, perhaps you could create an alternative template with that modification, and offer it as an option in the 'ignore user' section of the User CP? It needn't be the default option for every poster.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
morgieb, I can understand the peer pressure at your age, but claiming someone's virginity on a public messaging facility doesn't count.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And the fact that PC is a **** forum, where talking about footballers in a football thread gets you an infraction?

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Cricketweb is slowly morphing into Planetcricket, minus the PM system.
It's just the same forum software. There are thousands of forums the same.

And the fact that PC is a **** forum, where talking about footballers in a football thread gets you an infraction?
Grow up, it was a general spam infraction. I wasn't actually sure it was you posting under that username as I thought more highly of you than that. I assumed the username had been hijacked like the Richard one.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grow up, it was a general spam infraction. I wasn't actually sure it was you posting under that username as I thought more highly of you than that. I assumed the username had been hijacked like the Richard one.
Haha. This is gold. Arguing about warnings on other forums. I'd ban him for his constant Guns 'n' Roses spamming, but I don't want to give any hints away ;)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
EDIT: This is what I mean (I don't have you on ignore, Voltman. I just put you on ignore temporarily since I could use your quoted post immediately below for demonstration purposes.)

:(

I thought we were mates, bloody mates???

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I would Really like it, if you could do this James, please.

It seems a pointless system if the most bait-worthy posts keep getting quoted in others posts.

Jakester1288

International Regular
morgieb, I can understand the peer pressure at your age, but claiming someone's virginity on a public messaging facility doesn't count.
He is from CricSim.

That's how we roll over there. Visitor messages are real popular, and when we first got them everyone run around to other peoples profiles and posted that.