• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyone else noticed this? The New posts option keeps vanishing from the top of my screen, as well as others:

It also keeps returning, but thought this may be some bug worth bringing up

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The real issue here is your completely unwarranted use of the offensively bad program that is Internet Explorer.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It loads up the pages, what more do I need. don't like firefox, it puts strange boxes round CW quotes

cpr

International Coach
Guessing its dissapearing because there are no new posts since you last looked.

You are Richard mark II

James

Cricket Web Owner
I had to do some quick testing this morning and disabled it for a few minutes. I didn't think anyone would have noticed actually!

The problems around the load that happen every now and then appear to be related to the search.

Simon

What I want to know is how you got Private Messages.
PM's used to be used in the old days, plus if you are a mod or a staff member that message at the top still appears. From my time of being a global moderator a couple of years ago we still werent able to send or recieve any though.

James

Cricket Web Owner
PM's used to be used in the old days, plus if you are a mod or a staff member that message at the top still appears. From my time of being a global moderator a couple of years ago we still werent able to send or recieve any though.
That's correct and is still the case.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The real issue here is your completely unwarranted use of the offensively bad program that is Internet Explorer.
I use Internet Explorer 6.0. Eventually I've gotten to a stage where I just don't like new things, what has been developed does me fine and the new stuff just overcomplicates things while offering nothing that I have any use for.

I'd still use Windows 3.1 if the system supported all the programs I use.

Uppercut

Using ye olde internete explorere is a little bit of a safety issue though because they don't make patches for ancient programs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I downloaded a patch for this because of that IE security scare thingy just weeks ago.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I downloaded a patch for this because of that IE security scare thingy just weeks ago.
As long as you don't visit certain dodgy websites you are safe. The scare was just a whole lot of overreaction. Besides no browser is 100% safe anyways.