• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestion

Benaud

Banned
A private messaging or 'PM' system.

I've seen this implemented on various other forums and seems to provide widespread benefits for member interaction. Also a handy tool for mods and admin to pass on advice to members if need be.

This forum seems to be relatively active so I have been surprised that there is no trace of such facility. Apologies for my ignorance if this topic has been raised before.

Cheers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Heard a story that Ryan Adams was playing a show, some geezer in the front row asked for Summer of 69, Adams instructed the security guys to boot the guy out, funniest story ever for mine

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
A private messaging or 'PM' system.

I've seen this implemented on various other forums and seems to provide widespread benefits for member interaction. Also a handy tool for mods and admin to pass on advice to members if need be.

This forum seems to be relatively active so I have been surprised that there is no trace of such facility. Apologies for my ignorance if this topic has been raised before.

Cheers.
Ah but then they wouldn't be able to show what big important people they are by issuing warnings and threats via the public forum.;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Heard a story that Ryan Adams was playing a show, some geezer in the front row asked for Summer of 69, Adams instructed the security guys to boot the guy out, funniest story ever for mine
Haha, that actually happened?

Don't know whether the guy asking for it or him being kicked-out for doing so is more amusing.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I have no hard evidence that it's true, but I read it in a few different places. :D

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I have no hard evidence that it's true, but I read it in a few different places. :D
Yeah have heard similar stories. Remember Triple J tried to start up a joke campaign to try and get people into one of his gigs with signs requesting the others songs. Would've been gun.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ryan Adams is a gun, I feel that this is an appropriate point to mention that I am a fan of his. Might actually be the sort of stuff that CW agrees with me on as well.

cpr

International Coach
New York, New York was a good song, Answering Bell was alright n all, but my god he murdered Wonderwall. More than Mike Flowers did

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Noel never thought so. He mimicked the Ryan Adams version on the small venue tour that they did in late 02, loved it when Noel played it :wub:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I still get them confused, because I am lazy and a 'tard. But they're both incredibly meh musicians.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You have just confirmed yourself as a meh human being itbt.

When the Stars Go Blue - what a great song