• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New-posts function

How do you access CW threads?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Who uses it? And who checks the forums normally?

Never seen why anyone would want to use new-posts personally, but I only view 2 forums which have any significant activity. I guess if you view the many games forums plus CC, OT, GSF, WCC\CWXI and all, it might have its uses.

stumpski

International Captain
Personally, hardly ever go outside Cricket Chat and Off Topic, so it doesn't take me too long to see where the day's activity has been.

Hadn't even noticed a 'new posts' function tbh.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who uses it? And who checks the forums normally?
Always use the new posts function. So much easier to see if any interesting threads have been launched anywhere on the site plus you can see immediately whether any threads that you've contributed to have been posted to.

Never seen why anyone would want to use new-posts personally
Maybe this is because you're incapable of seeing beyond yourself? I don't really see the point of the above quoted comment, but you said it anyway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I browse CC, OT, GSF, CWXI and others at times, so New Posts seems a logical choice. Still go into individual forums from time to time though, have only started viewing by New Posts lately. If I haven't been on for a few days I am more likely to go via the forum views, but if I have been on earlier in the day or whatever, New Posts is the best way.

Would love it if you could filter out boards you don't use though

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well you can't filter-out boards as such, but you can un-new all posts in any given forum by double-clicking on the
icon thus turning it into a
and as a result they won't come-up on the New Posts function.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe this is because you're incapable of seeing beyond yourself?
Nah, though I do obviously believe the way I do things is the best way - pretty obviously so, else I'd do them another way.
I don't really see the point of the above quoted comment, but you said it anyway.
That could be said about more comments than not made in The World every day TBH.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Takes a lot of effort though. Would rather have the chance to stop stuff from The Shareware sections etc showing up.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Go to forums when I first get on, and have a quick browse through them, and then end up using "New Posts" function most of the time after that.