• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

E-mail notifications

Craig

World Traveller
For some reason after I turn the option off to not recieve an e-mail once someody has made a post in a thread that I have subscribed to (I know the point where the post has been made), I still keep getting an e-mail telling me that somebody has made a post in said subscribed thread. So how do I stop it from happening despite the the fact that I keep turning that option off.

James

Cricket Web Owner
In the emails you receive, down the bottom there's an unsubscribe from all, click that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pretty easy solution guys. :unsure: Go here (the "messaging and notification" drop-down); click the "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" drop-down; change to "do not subscribe".

Craig, I noticed this when you were over here: your account is set to automatically subscribe to all threads you post in, so even if you delete all your current subscriptions, you keep re-adding to it every time you post.

I (and it seems everyone else) gets randomly subscribed to the occasional thread every now and then - you can tell if you're subscribed to a thread by the
icon. In this event, just go to User CP and unsubscribe to all once again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I appear to be subscribed to various random threads, but nothing actually seems to happen as a direct consequence of it.