• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Database Errors

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still getting the ****ing Database Errors every time I click new posts. This is completely unusable at the moment - I don't want to waste time tracking down posts.

Someone give me an MSN when its working again, cos I can't be arsed with it at the moment.
Still not working. Only seems to be on the 'new posts' function, which is the one that I happen to use the most! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

James

Cricket Web Owner
There's been no problems in the past 24 hours with no notifications of errors received in my email-box, so the problem must have been isolated at your end.

HeathDavisSpeed

Why not just use the standard forum-view method? Is the new-posts function essential usage?
What do you mean? The new posts function helps me find what threads have been posted to without having to go through forums and sub-forums. It makes life so much easier.

This 'database error' problem is very odd though. I was starting to think it was a problem at my end, but then I fried my laptop and had to get a new one. The new one uses a completely different operating system, yet has been having the same problem - and only with this website, no other website.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What do you mean? The new posts function helps me find what threads have been posted to without having to go through forums and sub-forums. It makes life so much easier.
Yeah, I'm sure it does. I mean, personally the only boards I read are CC, OT, SD and TF. I guess for those who read all these obscure ones it's more of a help. But I'm surprised when it's not working, you wouldn't just use forum-view and get on with it TBH. I've never used the new-posts function once in my life, and I do juuuuuuuuuuust fine without it. I think it'd make things more difficult than less for me TBH.

James

Cricket Web Owner

This 'database error' problem is very odd though. I was starting to think it was a problem at my end, but then I fried my laptop and had to get a new one. The new one uses a completely different operating system, yet has been having the same problem - and only with this website, no other website.
If you could screen-print it next time, and attach it to a reply, that would help :)

HeathDavisSpeed

If you could screen-print it next time, and attach it to a reply, that would help :)
Its the same error as I sent you last time.

Anyway, as a test, I've just donwloaded Firefox. Next time I get this error, I'll see if I get it with Firefox too, just in case its some kind of browser problem.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just had another couple of minutes of database-error here myself, doing no more than clicking on the forum.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yep, the same problem occurred. As I know what happens and that it takes 20-30 minutes to see, I restarted the mysql service which cleared it in a couple of minutes.

HeathDavisSpeed

Getting the same problem again. Database errors when clicking on 'new posts'.

Interestingly, when I use IE7, I can't get the function to work at all (Database Errors every time I refresh) whereas in Firefox, it gets a database error and when I refresh once the new posts function loads up. Very odd.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hmmmm...... interesting..... that is the install location for the forum and the prime address. It's just that most people prefer to use /forum for some reason.

They're both exactly the same, it's just the way it got setup initially when the forum was installed back in 2003.

You might want to use the http://forum address then if that works better for you.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ok cool.

For anyone else reading, can you let me know if you experience a similar or same problem to Heath.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I have been experiencing it periodically over the last few days. I use Firefox 3 and forum.cricketweb. Next time I get it, I'll print-screen it.