• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search capability

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I'm constantly being frustrated by the limits of the search function on CW, is there any way to add functionality?

Specifically the main problems I have with it is searching with multiple words; say, "Jamie How" will bring up posts with either of those terms in the text but there seems to be no way to restrict results to those with the words "Jamie" and "How" together.

The other problem I have is that you tend to get lots of similar results due to some posts having quoted text in them; ie. you get the original post plus all the replies that quote it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Another capability I'd like added if it was do-able would be to search from date X to date Y, rather than purely from-pre-defined-date-to-current-day.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Not at all related no, I wasn't aware of the downtime until 8am Sydney time, as no one notified me of it. After I was aware, the server was back 4 minutes later.