• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Signature sizes

Should there be a maximum signature size?

• Total voters

Jakester1288

International Regular
I couldn't care less about signature sizes, I have them disabled because it makes the forum much easier to read and less messy and clogged up.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Does tend to baffle, that one.

I had them disabled for ages while I accessed CW via dialup, and only turned them on in 2004/05 after the family finally acquired broadband. It's only since that time that I've added a sig myself.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Go look up irony Alannis... My sig is no longer than yours or anyone elses, nor does it make my posts much longer than a sig-less post.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Allanis? :huh: But yeah, your sig is a fair bit longer than mine, and does increase the length of your posts by a decent bit.

I'm not hugely bothered BTW, it's not really your fault - I am and always have been rather annoyed by the amount of space vBulletin insists on having between quotes. But that's the way things are.

Commenting that your post is a little ironic is no slight on you.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He's calling you Alanis because in her song ironic she uses definitions which aren't actually ironic, and irony isn't really the right word for Matt & HDS's posts I guess - it would be more like hypocrisy

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aha. I tend to try to airbrush that song from memory, and also always forget exactly how it is her name is spelt.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's calling you Alanis because in her song ironic she uses definitions which aren't actually ironic, and irony isn't really the right word for Matt & HDS's posts I guess - it would be more like hypocrisy
Does tend to baffle, that one.

I had them disabled for ages while I accessed CW via dialup, and only turned them on in 2004/05 after the family finally acquired broadband. It's only since that time that I've added a sig myself.
My signature is ultimately better than either of the posts above. Stop making pointlessly **** posts and I'll delete my signature.

Deal?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Err, those weren't pointlessly **** posts and I'm not enormously bothered about the length or contents of your signature, you can have what you like IMO. However, it is a little odd that you'd be bothered about some having massive long sigs then allow yours to grow to such a length. I'd have thought the fact that such things annoyed you would mean you were keen not to annoy yourself. Evidently not, however.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My signature is ultimately better than either of the posts above. Stop making pointlessly **** posts and I'll delete my signature.

Deal?
Okay

Err, those weren't pointlessly **** posts and I'm not enormously bothered about the length or contents of your signature, you can have what you like IMO. However, it is a little odd that you'd be bothered about some having massive long sigs then allow yours to grow to such a length. I'd have thought the fact that such things annoyed you would mean you were keen not to annoy yourself. Evidently not, however.
Obviously not.

Thanks Richard. I'll keep my signature then as you fell into my little trap :p
QED. My first post in this trilogy was made in the way it was to illicit the type of response that you gave me in order to allow post #3.

Although I am aware of the obvious hypocrisy of 3 pointless posts to make a virtually pointless point.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH, if everyone stopped making pointless posts, CW would be an exceedingly dull place.

Anyway, as I said, my previous comment was a comment on you, not myself. You needn't get in a lather - if that was indeed what you were doing, I never can quite tell with you, you do the fake anger thing better than some do the needless anger - over it.