• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Signature sizes

Should there be a maximum signature size?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was thinking there was a tadge of the old hypocrisy there ITBT, much as I agree about the annoyance of somone posting vertically-written XIs in sigs.

Another thing I'm not really a huge fan of is more than one line of LARGE print in sigs. I'm not suggesting it should be outlawed, but think - how neccessary is it really? - before including it. And certainly, if you do have it, try and keep spaces out ("bunch it up ffs" as Geg would say).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Anything that extends the size of your overall post box area as if you were posting without a sig is too big imo.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Agree with that TBH - is the reason I cut mine down to what it is now. I should've done it ages ago really - this thread pretty much prompted me.

Matt79

Global Moderator
If the sig doesn't make a post much longer than the norm size from the avatar etc, then I'm fine with it.

Morgeib's sig is a disgrace and should be forcibly removed if he won't do it himself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is this survey actually complete yet? Given virtually no-one's done a thing here for months I'm wondering if the decision might soon be taken one way or t'other.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the sig doesn't make a post much longer than the norm size from the avatar etc, then I'm fine with it.

Morgeib's sig is a disgrace and should be forcibly removed if he won't do it himself.
I just don't really know how to do it :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was told my signature was too long when chopping it about the other week, is this as a result of this poll?s

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Slightly ashamed I tried moderating that. Stupid report post function.
You were doing your job (Y). Tbh, the fact you warned Rodgie in the same post canceled out having to do the moderating in the first place for mine.