• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PM's disabled

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
What was the date of the disabling?
Haha, sounds like it was a pretty epic event!

Not overly fussed with msn at the moment, or even with PM's being reinstated. There has just been a couple of times over my time here when I thought I might send someone a PM on a particular subject and found I couldn't do it - it's the only forum I've been on where it's been disabled so I was curious.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah I don't think we're particularly common in disabling it, but it was a loooooooooong time ago now and we still get, oh, probably about 70 posts per year asking why. :p

Was deliberately being hyperbolic BTW - it truly was an epic moment in the site's history!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't see how Gordon Brown's going to do his job effectively if he's disabled.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I don't see how Gordon Brown's going to do his job effectively if he's disabled.
I dunno, Roosevelt was in a wheelchair from polio wasn't he? Not quite the same thing as a PM, but along the same lines I'd say.

Was deliberately being hyperbolic BTW - it truly was an epic moment in the site's history!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish I'd been around to see it really. Then I wouldn't need to be one of these irritating types that persist in bringing back all those painful memories...

cover drive man

International Captain
Interestingly, the disabling of PMs was an action taken before every single one of the current female members (possibly bar 1) had joined the site.

BTW, just occurred to me - that's something I've never asked. What was the date of the disabling?
Lmao.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I knew a date when it was certainly done before (ie, 10 October 2003) and I knew that all bar 1 of the girls on this site were yet to join at that time.

Turns-out Anna - still with us - did indeed join when PMs were still around, so good job I qualified my statement.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually think it'll be good. Every other forum has it..... That I've been to.