• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Ads

James

Cricket Web Owner
Like any change, just takes a little getting used to.

There's actually more than half less the amount of ads on a page now, was 6, now only 2, so load times will be even more improved.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, ****ting me too. Keep clicking on them, since that's where the Quick Reply box is supposed to be.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah, ****ting me too. Keep clicking on them, since that's where the Quick Reply box is supposed to be.
You have to click a "QR" button anyway, and by clicking "QR" it automatically takes the focus to the text-area.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
100% hate the new one between 1st post and 2nd post on a page/thread. Leave the main body of the thread for posts, imo. I understand we need ads to keep the site running, but I personally prefered them on the top and bottom of pages.

James

Cricket Web Owner
100% hate the new one between 1st post and 2nd post on a page/thread. Leave the main body of the thread for posts, imo. I understand we need ads to keep the site running, but I personally prefered them on the top and bottom of pages.
These ones can go, we're trailing ad placement in discussion directly with Google themselves.

Rich T, Zac and myself didn't think they were that noticeable, but if enough people think its too much, we'll remove these ones (first/second posts) :) There's a happy medium somewhere we're attempting to find and obviously people's feedback is welcome.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Guys the ads are needed to keep CW up and running. Whilst we appreciate the new ads might take some time to get used to, we'd also like you all to understand there are cost involved with running the site and this is the only income available for us to keep the site going.

Matteh

Awta. Not too fussed about the QR area ones, but i spot this bar everytime i read a thread.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Awta. Not too fussed about the QR area ones, but i spot this bar everytime i read a thread.
Thanks for the comments Matteh.

If most people like I said above find that bar too much, we will remove it. We're looking for feedback on it.

andyc

I am the only one that has nfi what you're all talking about? Not seeing any of these ads, tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
bit annoying but not a huge problem, kind of easy to accidentily click on a link away from the site rather than to a different page of a thread or to reply or whatever...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I am the only one that has nfi what you're all talking about? Not seeing any of these ads, tbh.
Took me a fair while to work it out too really.

I never use QRs so that's no problem for me, and in all honesty the ads between first post and rest-of-thread don't really bother me much, though I thought there was something of a malfunction when I first spotted it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As someone who makes a living out of the online advertising industry, I think the ads are great. Get more of them IMO.