• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fiery

Status
Not open for further replies.

cover drive man

International Captain
Fiery's been perma-banned?!? I can't bielieve that sorry but that's completely injustified. He is well liked on the forum.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fiery's been perma-banned?!? I can't bielieve that sorry but that's completely injustified. He is well liked on the forum.
So was Murphy. So was Burpey. So was Ganguly. So were one or two others.

Being well-liked in certain quarters (obviously - none of these lot have been universally popular) is no debar to a ban, really.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Mod preview is where somebody's posts need to be confirmed by a moderator before they become visible to regular forum viewers. This way, they can continue to contribute as you moniter their progress.
That's not a vBulletin option. Its a mod of sorts. Anyway, it works perfectly well for us, not sure if it would work here.

cover drive man

International Captain
So was Murphy. So was Burpey. So was Ganguly. So were one or two others.

Being well-liked in certain quarters (obviously - none of these lot have been universally popular) is no debar to a ban, really.
I mean the only person I noticed him "insulting" Was perm but a little feuds not that bad. I mean I remember when me and rodgie were in a feud or when I called mitchell everything or when I had an argument with perm on the countdown thread but I didn't get banned.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pretty well everyone was in a feud with Rodgie though so that's certainly not important.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Rules

I do not see how the permanent banning of this member is justified in any way. And I am sure I am not the only one. I seriously believe the CW team should reconsider this rash decision, which in my opinion has come due to the pressure of certain CW members.

While the fact that Fiery has broken a few rules is not in dispute, I think the 'magnitude' of what he is doing to the forum is well overblown. Fiery is as his name suggests a 'fiery' individual, you either love him or you hate him, and there are many CWers who have done both (usually in the order of hating and then growing to like him).

He has thrown the occasional insult yes, but many of us have and his insults are never full of malice. If a person has a problem with a post he has made in their direction, than they should first address the problem to him. As I'm sure he would generally make his genuine intentions by the comment clearer, as I think many CWers who have grown to know him understand that he means no real harm.

Yet the main factor I see in this permanent ban is the long going feud between Fiery and Perm, surely this can be resolved in a more mature fashion. As I am sure both of them are fully capable of just holding their bloody tongues. Now Fiery has been warned more than a few times about his feuding with Perm, yet lately I feel Perm has been baiting him. Arguing with him for the sake of arguing than really to bring any constructive talk to CW, while Fiery should not have retaliated, I don't believe the punishment matches the crime.

They can ignore each other, or be made to ignore each other.

This is a well regarded member on CW and I think if we let him go we are making a grave mistake. Talking about demeaning forum atmosphere? I don't think its ever been as bad as it has been with the banning of Fiery.

I really hope the moderators reconsider this for the sake of CW and the members who like myself, like and respect Geoff.

In protest I will no longer post on CW until the ban is lifted. Without him I feel a lot of the life in the forum is lost.
He's only been banned from an Internet Forum, not sent to the gallows. It's completely futile to not post in protest as ultimately the person who will actually care whether you post or not is you.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
So when someone actually signs up with their first name, you decide to refer to him by his surname? Just to be difficult, or what?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eh? :huh: I was far from the first or only one to refer to Shounak as Ganguly. Nor is he the only person to sign-up using their first-name and be referred to perfectly commonly by their surname - myself being one other such example, and Mat(teh) Mitchell being pretty much another.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
People know who you and Matteh are. They don't know Shounak and most would not be able to connect Ganguly with Shounak. So why refer as Ganguly when that would only mean who you are referring to would not be conveyed to much more people.

It is like your birthday threads where you refer to people with their first names on their titles. 99% times, I don't know who you are referring to and I can't be arsed to find out who it is. So people wont which headhunter happy birthday because you refer to him as 'Stephen'. Notice the responses in the thread. A better idea if you are dogged about referring with the first name would be to at least put the user name in the brackets in the thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.