• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ignore Feature and 'Rules' you follow to Ignore someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

World Traveller
I tried it once just to see what it was like havingsomebody on ignore. Never needed it otherwise.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just a query about vBulletin, really. Currently posts made by people on one's ignore list show up as new posts, but is it possible to change the settings so they don't because it's mildly annoying to click on a thread where the only new contribution is:

This message is hidden because Poster X is on your ignore list.

Thanks in advance. :)

Majin

International Debutant
Have never used the feature, been posting at message boards with horrible posters for many years now and my brain has become accustomed to filtering out crap. That said I hardly ever ignore posters on CW, partly because it's a good community and partly because watching people have arguments here is amusing :D

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz is the only poster who can open up a thread of about 10 pages long and find himself with nothing to read except This message is hidden because Poster X is on your ignore list.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanz is the only poster who can open up a thread of about 10 pages long and find himself with nothing to read except This message is hidden because Poster X is on your ignore list.
I have a similar experience by just putting one person on ignore, to be fair.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You should be able to click View Post, or something of the likes. I have it on Cricsim, but no where else.
Yes, that's not what he's asking though.

Brumby clicks on the "New Posts" link, and gets a whole lot of new threads, but some of them have only been posted in by the person(s) he is ignoring. He is asking if vBulletin can be adjusted so that this doesn't happen.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The history of the entire human race has just been one big ball of peace...some people are jerks, some people like telling the jerks they're jerks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kinda curious as to who Brumby's ignoring...
:laugh: It's outrageously obvious. You've been pretty quiet of late, though, so I daresay we can forgive you.

BTW, on that subject, frankly his current location breaks forum rules. Not sure whether Mods agree, but "ignoring idiocy" is, obviously, saying "all posts [from the ignored] are idiocy", which is no different to saying "you're a ****".

Status
Not open for further replies.