• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ignore Feature and 'Rules' you follow to Ignore someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh My ****ing Gawd !!! Richard's hypocrisy is so appalling that mother Earth is going to puke **** today.
BTW speaking of hypocrisy:
But I dont like it if someone uses the term 'FFS' when communicating with me, I dont use it and I consider it as 'abusive and derogatory language'.
I wonder what could possibly be this massive difference between
for ****'s sake
and
oh my ****ing gawd

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't do hypocrisy

Hahaha... yeah, poor old little volty who's never done anything wrong to a soul... I called a stupid comment a stupid comment, simple as.
There in lies the hypocrisy. You chose to call Sted's comments as 'Stupid' but consider the ignorant statement by 'Nufan' as a racist one. Needless to say Sted's comments were offensive enough to get a ban, Nufan's remark otoh has been acknowledged as his ignorance on the subject.

Whether Voltman is poor, old, little etc is none of my concern. It is another one of you targetting individuals you do not like. Earlier in this thread you targetted Brumby, now Voltman for nothing. Its just pathetic that nothing has been done against you so far.

I defended Bennett against unfounded allegations that he was a racist, not defended his use of able-to-be-interpreted-as-racist comments. Like everyone else, I said that was silly.
First of all dont include 'everyone else'. If 'Everyone else' felt the comments made by bennett was silly, his post wouldn't have been reported.
Secondly, I didn't say that Bennett was a racist. I said that I didn't find his post humorous at all and I felt he deserved the ban. You totally changed my statement and went after me showing your personal vandetta, which is what you have been doing to BB and Voltman in this thread.

Nice try at manufacturing contradictions though.
Only Contradiction and hypocrisy shown has been by you. You are the one who said "AFAIC anyone who makes racist comments is a racist." and then went on to defend Bennett's remarks.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
BTW speaking of hypocrisy:

I wonder what could possibly be this massive difference between and
And how do you know what I used ? I might have just used 4 asterisks. Besides you never accepted my request to not use terms like 'FFS' in your communications with me, so dont expect me to be a saint. If you are going to use such expressions, you will get them too. I am not a saint, I also know how to use such language. It's just that, I do not prefer using them.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And how do you know what I used ? I might have just used 4 asterisks.
8-)

By that logic, you don't really know what is meant by "FFS". For all you know it could stand for "Freedom For Slaves".

Richard has been far from clean in this thread and will be dealt with but he caught you out on that one.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To point-out to Martyn that it's the we-mustn't-pander-to-the-wishes-of-those-from-anywhere-else attitudes hold things back greatly when trying to outlaw racist speak.

Sigh. You could have just said that though rather than stirring things up by linking to a Voltman post. You would have known that you were stirring things up. It wasn't required.

This thread has turned into a car crash now hasn't it. I'll take my fair share of the blame. I tried reporting things, but responded anyway. Should have just e-mailed James/ A.N. Other.moderator and/or reported again rather than perpetuate this **** fight. What a ****ing waste of everyone's time and effort.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
8-)

By that logic, you don't really know what is meant by "FFS". For all you know it could stand for "Freedom For Slaves".

Richard has been far from clean in this thread and will be dealt with but he caught you out on that one.
He didn't catch me on anything. I was fully aware of Richard's search skills and was expecting him to bring that point in this thread. The fact that Richard never accepted my request to not use that term, was enough for me to go ahead with my '****' remarks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There in lies the hypocrisy. You chose to call Sted's comments as 'Stupid' but consider the ignorant statement by 'Nufan' as a racist one. Needless to say Sted's comments were offensive enough to get a ban, Nufan's remark otoh has been acknowledged as his ignorance on the subject.
Hahaha... look again. I didn't call Rob (NUFAN) racist nor say his comment was racist. I allowed him to know that his remark was ill-advised. I like Rob, think he's a good poster, and he's obviously not racist. I simply let him know that he left the chance for people to think he was using racist terminology, and advised him not to use the term.
Whether Voltman is poor, old, little etc is none of my concern. It is another one of you targetting individuals you do not like. Earlier in this thread you targetted Brumby, now Voltman for nothing.
No, not for nothing. For good reason. I don't "target" anyone without good reason.
First of all dont include 'everyone else'. If 'Everyone else' felt the comments made by bennett was silly, his post wouldn't have been reported.
Err, yes, they would - precisely because it was so silly, it was reported.
Secondly, I didn't say that Bennett was a racist. I said that I didn't find his post humorous at all and I felt he deserved the ban. You totally changed my statement and went after me showing your personal vandetta, which is what you have been doing to BB and Voltman in this thread.
Hahaha, here we go again. I felt he couldn't really moan too much about the ban either, so I didn't change anything there, nor need to. Nor did I find it humorous, it was very poor taste. You however attempted to paint him as a racist, and he wasn't and isn't.
Only Contradiction and hypocrisy shown has been by you. You are the one who said "AFAIC anyone who makes racist comments is a racist." and then went on to defend Bennett's remarks.
Indeed. Bennett's comments weren't racist, they just left the opportunity to be interpreted as such things.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed. Bennett's comments weren't racist, they just left the opportunity to be interpreted as such things.
Yeah Right !! Bennett's comments weren't racist and Nufan's were, isn't it ?

Who got the ban then ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The fact that Richard never accepted my request to not use that term, was enough for me to go ahead with my '****' remarks.
Hmm, yes, of course. You don't like something, and try to stop someone else doing it... but then you start doing it yourself because the one you were trying to stop refused to.

No, you don't care in the slightest about swearing and never have. You were simply looking for the excuse to make a fuss, same as you are here.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hahaha, here we go again. I felt he couldn't really moan too much about the ban either, so I didn't change anything there, nor need to. Nor did I find it humorous, it was very poor taste. You however attempted to paint him as a racist, and he wasn't and isn't.
I did not. You went after me because of your own personal vendetta against me. If I want to call someone a racist, I dont need to make indirect insinuation, I have enough guts to say it in the open.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah Right !! Bennett's comments weren't racist and Nufan's were, isn't it ?
No, it's not. Read again. Try to get it through this time. I didn't call Rob (NUFAN) racist nor say his comment was racist. I allowed him to know that his remark was ill-advised. I like Rob, think he's a good poster, and he's obviously not racist. I simply let him know that he left the chance for people to think he was using racist terminology, and advised him not to use the term. In neither case is there an accusation from me. Merely a comment informing someone that they were saying something they'd do better not to say.
Who got the ban then ?
The ban was for making comments in a poor taste, which could be interpreted as racist. And that was understandable. No-one banned Bennett because they thought he was a racist.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, yes, of course. You don't like something, and try to stop someone else doing it... but then you start doing it yourself because the one you were trying to stop refused to.
No, you don't care in the slightest about swearing and never have. You were simply looking for the excuse to make a fuss, same as you are here.[/QUOTE]

Only person that has been trying to create a fuss in this thread has been YOU. First Brumby, then Voltman then Heath and now me.

You do not know me enough to make any kind of claim about me. I know my stand on swearing very well. If you are going to be abusive, aggressive towards me, I am not Gandhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.