• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Different forum prompts

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A fair while ago now, I noticed that there were two different tags which the many pieces of the Cricket Web forum can be branched from:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/

and

http://forum.cricketweb.net/

For ages, I heard no other comments on this matter. But now I've started to note that different people have different defaults. And it's caused one or two confusions in the last few days to several people. I presume it never changes that the link on the main page (the "cricket forum" button on the top row) is the former. So I guess some people just access the forums from a different way that I do - for instance, if you follow a link from a "discuss this news item in the forums" at the bottom of an article (like this one) you get directed to the latter, and I know why this is, it's because the link is inserted that way when you post the articles up.

Now if you're logged-in under your standard and not the other, this means you have to log-in whenever someone whose standard is the other posts a link to something (other than when you just want to view a post, rather than reply to one, or view an attachment, or view a profile, or - as I found-out the other day - view a "hidden" forum of thread).

This is no massive deal, but it can be a bit annoying from time to time. Wouldn't it be better to standardise the link from all sources? Obviously, James is away until the 26th and I presume he's the only one who'd be able to do this. But it's something worth looking-at I think.

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Just freaking get over it. Not much of a difference IMO. FFS If people can't simple differences like that, then they might as well give up and go jump of a bridge.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I always wondered why sometimes I have to log in again tbh. Would be ncie if we could stay logged in regardless of the URL :)

cpr

International Coach
It annoys sometimes as i cannot click on links by some people on the board (eg, Richard linking to a previous post for example), because it tells me i'm not logged in, and I cbf to do so. Having said that, last time it happened i logged it and set it to automatically log in, so i shouldnt have a problem anymore, i dont think

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I always wondered why sometimes I have to log in again tbh. Would be ncie if we could stay logged in regardless of the URL :)
It's to do with the cookies on the computer - if there's a cookie for being logged-in on both URLs, you'll stay like it.

I presume, at your work, you have to login every time you switch the comp on? That was always the way it used to work back in t' day for me at school.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's to do with the cookies on the computer - if there's a cookie for being logged-in on both URLs, you'll stay like it.

I presume, at your work, you have to login every time you switch the comp on? That was always the way it used to work back in t' day for me at school.
No I actually have my login saved at work. Have to clear out my cookies from time to time, but certainly don't log in every day