• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard's domination of threads and wanting to have the last word

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You can have your password emailed to you.
Hahaha! So even that trick to 'leave forever' doesn't work.... I guess you'd have to

1. Change your e-mail address
2. Kill everyone you ever contacted over MSN etc.
3. Change your password to Gibberish
4. Hope Richard hasn't retained your address (either physical or IP)

in order to escape....

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hahaha! So even that trick to 'leave forever' doesn't work.... I guess you'd have to

1. Change your e-mail address
2. Kill everyone you ever contacted over MSN etc.
3. Change your password to Gibberish
4. Hope Richard hasn't retained your address (either physical or IP)

in order to escape....

I understand Richard has already tracked down any of my relevant addresses so he can chase me down and throw hands.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The issue at hand isn't your post count, it's your seemingly unreasonable insistence on having the last word, and as such continuing to argue a point ad nauseam. This whole shindig has gone a little OT. Pratyush's original post just used your post count in certain threads as an example of the way you "dominate" those threads which you participate in.
Exactly. Nobody has a problem with your post count Richard, you could have 70,000 posts and I could care less. It is, as David said, your persistence of pushing your point across as the only correct one is what bothers people. I have seen you at times desperately looking for an argument with people where there isn't one (cbf looking for an example). That has got to stop, though I'm not sure if I blame you for that or the moderators for not scrutinizing you.

BTW, you haven't noticed my contributions to CC drop because they dropped on your comeback. Harsh, I know, but its the truth.
Who wants to run a book on who will be last to post in this thread?
Best thing you've ever done James.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The sad fact is that there are a lot of long term posters that rarely visit or post in CC due to Richard's and many other prominent posters in CC posting style. Things have improved over the years with certain posters being banned. But until these issues are addressed I think you will always see long term posters, posting in other areas. Which IMO just reduces the standard of posting in CC.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Never really considered myself as detrimental to forum atmosphere in the same way that Richard is, even if I tend to be angrier. Would be interested to hear other peoples opinions though.
The main thing I think you do that's detrimental is telling Richard to **** off at every possible opportunity. Got old a while ago tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
AWTA. If Richard is apparently involved in tit for tat bickering that dominates threads, then thats because someone else is at it too (i'll leave you to decide who's tit, and who's tat). On quite a number of occasions i feel the person arguing with Richard is doing so because everyone knows he wont leave it, and will reply. Basically i feel some people bait poor Rich into these debates, and the good ole fella never fails to fall for it, then castigate him for replying. Remember reading a thread not long ago where Richard and Brumby were back and forth for 2 pages, but it was all done in good nature, sticking to the point, without any baiting, and finished up pretty soon with both sides saying their point and respecting each others differences and all that jazz. Thats because both posters were acting mature about the discussion, something that is lacking from some people when they get into discussions.

From Richards point of view, think sometimes he needs to realise when to say either 'fair enough, this is going round in circles, lets call it quits', or a quick 'f**k off, ****' (would personally love to see that). End of the day though, its rare i see a post from Richard that lacks any knowledge or thought behind it.

However, Richard, my personal plea is this:
Stop all the bloody birthday threads, pissing me off no end. Just do it all in one big thread ffs.

That is all.
Yeah, was that the Hussain V Vaughan thread? Good read.

Richard's a gun, are people really suggesting we should make a rule that he has to cap his posts per thread? This forum, IMO, would be lesser offm without Rich's contributions. People always have to get on his back, quite frankly I think some sections of CW bully him.

David

International 12th Man
Richard's a gun, are people really suggesting we should make a rule that he has to cap his posts per thread? This forum, IMO, would be lesser offm without Rich's contributions. People always have to get on his back, quite frankly I think some sections of CW bully him.
Way to not read the posts above... :(

pasag

RTDAS
Okay, officially, Richard whether you agree or not with people taking exception to your posting habits it's pretty clear that they do.

Now putting aside all the posters that have it in for you, and there are a few that do for petty and small minded reasons, there are a whole heap here that have legitimate complaints and concerns, that don't dislike you at all -just your posting habits. And the habits really aren't that bad, most will agree, but combined with the volume, for the aggrieved posters it does tend to bring down the quality of the forum for them. You have full right to ignore some of the people here, but there are others who if you took their advice and concerns on board, as I'm sure you will and as you've done in the past, the forum can be more enjoyable for everyone. I'm sure you want that and I'm sure you hate the fact that some excellent posters have left or posted less because of you, so anything you can do to rectify that should be taken on board.

As for those who continually target Richard, and like GIMH said, bully him for no other reason than he's an easy target you should know that that's not on for one second and besides being painfully immature, it also falls under the 'No Abuse' section of the forum rules.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I try to generally not get involved in CW politics and poster-wars etc. but I'll have a quick say regarding a few things.

Firstly, I believe Richard does more good than harm to this forum. In the times he's been AWOL from CC, overall the mainstays have noticed his absence, and it hasn't been for the better. Often people do suggest that they'd rather he return. Not to mention I've very rarely seen him lose his cool, abuse a forum member or personally attack anyone. If it has occurred, it'd be a rarity I believe.

For those that have left CC because of Richard, I think that's pretty soft myself, but its their choice.

THAT BEING SAID, as people have pointed out, his continuous repeating of his views in threads which are unrelated to the topic can be extremely frustrating. It seems to occur with new(er) posters mainly. It generally just involves me scrolling past it most of the time, and eventually not reading.

Another thing which really irks me is the use of member's real names, which Richard does a hell of a lot (I know he's not the only one who does so, but I refer to his large post above, where without the links I wouldn't have a clue who some of those names are). Without even knowing whether this bugs the actual member or not, it can be EXTREMELY confusing when trying to figure out who he is talking about. Not every poster knows the other posters on a personal basis, or has them on MSN, facebook and other social programs off the board, or is even part of CW Simulation. I've been here a long time now, but I often struggle figuring out who Richard and others are referring to when they use their real names. Its fine for Off Topic, since thats all cliquey anyway, but in CC with serious discussion I think its just polite to use their forum name. The only member I ever use their real name for is Liam, because I cannot be arsed/dont know how to spell his forum name.

Just some thoughts. I don't believe any authoritative figure on the board should MAKE Richard change his posting habits, as it'd be a very dangerous precedent as Fusion pointed out. Ideally, Richard will take some of this on board and make improvements, but in no way should he be obliged to do so. If he chooses not to, so long as he doesn't abuse anyone or spam, its tough cookies I reckon. If enough people stop responding to his posts, and its only the newer posters, the problem will eventually be solved.

EDIT: I just saw the thread a few months back started by Sanz in this forum regarding forum names vs. real names. Needless to say its obviously not just a Richard issue I guess after seeing that thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.