• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warning points??

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i was on the utopiatemple forums recently and noticed that tge system they use for moderating is Warning points, i think it works something like this

a certain number of points for a certain offense, and when you accumulate a certain number of points you get suspended, and then banned etc if you get more points etc

e.g someone swears in a post - they get 5 warning points, if they do it again, they get another 5 points, thats 10 points, say the Mods have set that as the suspension level, they are suspended cause they have built up 10 points say for 1 week or a fortnight

and this continues till they have built up enough points and they are then banned, maybe a another suspension before that

anywyas im sure you get the drift of what im saying - just an idea that might give people abit more notice before they are banned and stuff like that

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont like that idea. james is on the right track with it now. If he sees it not deemed suitable he will delete the post in question and Warn the person. If it is bad enough he will ban them on the spot.
Swearing on this site is edited out, and its not very commone around here anyway.