• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you can improve/change one thing about CW?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Just tried 'no sigs' and it seems promising, although I often enjoy the humour of what people choose to sig.

I also tried no avatars, but have turned it back on right away. Confirmed my suspicion that I generally don't look at names, but instead go by avatars.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't turn off sigs, mainly cause I like to read Brumby's every now and then as it changes.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I also tried no avatars, but have turned it back on right away. Confirmed my suspicion that I generally don't look at names, but instead go by avatars.
Doesn't take long to adjust really.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Always amuses me when people think they're alone in this! :laugh: As it does when people think they're alone in posters "becoming" their avatars.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Did anything come of Colin's suggestion of an AKA field?
Manee's suggestion. I just reiterated it.
Wrt what you were saying about an option to disable postcounts it would be tricky as it's based on the template. The only way to do it would be to have an alterative skin available that didn't show them.

Craig

World Traveller
It is likely to be someone challenging you on the Arcade. I have 2 unread and languishing... wonder who they were from...
I have 12...:ph34r:

Wrt what you were saying about an option to disable postcounts it would be tricky as it's based on the template. The only way to do it would be to have an alterative skin available that didn't show them.
In layman terms how possible is it time/$$$? And more importantaly what James thinks.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The current skin could always be modified and it probably wouldn't take that long to find which templates they're in.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I post at another forum where they don't display post counts in threads. But if you click onto someone's profile, it displays them there.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
In the absence of a post count you could also sort the members list to automatically show people with the highest post count on top.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The current skin could always be modified and it probably wouldn't take that long to find which templates they're in.
I think Colin was suggesting skins so that people would be able to turn off post counts only if they wanted to i.e; select the original CW skin to show post counts or the alternate skin to make it go away.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Duplicate the skin first then edit postbit_legacy:

Remove from lines 53-55: (default file)

PHP:
<div>
					$vbphrase[posts]: $post[posts]
				</div>
Post count would still appear in profiles (unless you wanted to disable that too).

PhoenixFire

International Coach
How about we trialled it for a week and then ran a poll at the end of a week to see how many people liked it.