• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you can improve/change one thing about CW?

biased indian

International Coach
Conversely I'd like some kind of limit imposed on the size of pics we can post in threads. Some in the "hottest women" thread are just silly and must be a pig for anyone with dial-up.

Dunno if it's possible, but thread title doesn't mention practicality. :p
i think you can make it appear as link and you can click the ones you want to view

thats how it works for me..some option is there in settings...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was never a fan of postcounts tbh.
How about a feature to turn postcounts off? A la avatars and sigs.

Then those who like the bit of fun that they are could have them and those who don't could do without.

EDIT: if vBulletin supports this, obviously, I should mention, thanks Gelman.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I wasn't sure if he wanted spell check for himself or for others, possibly meaning he thought some posters needed to improve, might be reading into that too much though.

Anyways, Opera has a spell check add-on that I found on the net, so I use that. I'd imagine the other browsers would have something similar as well.
I'm too impatient myself.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How about a feature to turn postcounts off? A la avatars and sigs.

Then those who like the bit of fun that they are could have them and those who don't could do without.
Indeed. Would be happier with this than having them chucked out.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
PMs turned back on. I know there have been issues in the past but maybe only for Staff Members or for people over a certain number of posts in order to ensure no spamming.

Matt79

Global Moderator
@ Sanz, yeah I know my sig is a monstrosity - while the sentiment is sincere, the format was a bit of a provocation that I expected AFL followers to react to. Once I'd had my fun with that, I was going to shrink it back to reasonable proportions - but noone ever picked me up on it til you just now, so I was just letting it ride.

@ GIMH, is your avatar meant to be all blurry, or is the Diet Coke giving me a tumour that is affecting my vision?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's from a spacehopper race. cpr adapted it and suggested that I use it as my avatar.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
@ GIMH, is your avatar meant to be all blurry, or is the Diet Coke giving me a tumour that is affecting my vision?
It's from a spacehopper race. cpr adapted it and suggested that I use it as my avatar.
So yes, it should be blurry, and LOL btw :laugh:
It's first-rate. I laugh pretty much every time I see it when you haven't posted for a while (a sadly common occurrance at present :(). As I say - you should keep it forever.

pasag

RTDAS
Matt79 said:
the format was a bit of a provocation that I expected AFL followers to react to.
Like my work in the biggest chokers thread that was never responded to :@

Anyways the optional turn off post count thing is not a bad idea. But is it even a possibility (for those who know vBulletin)?

cpr

International Coach
Just had to do GIMH's avatar, for some reason it reminds me of the transformers logo. Dont know why, but it does. So stop slating people, that took me bloomin minutes to do in paint!! ;)

As for PM's, believe there still on for mods arnt they (one of you lot put a screenshot of CW up for something, noticed it below your username. So you've been caught out!).
Think for regular members it'd be good. People with over 1,000 posts arnt likely to come on here just to spam, and not everyone has each other on MSN (dont think mine actually works). Would stop a fair bit of the idle chatter, let people take arguments out of threads, and generally make it easier to communicate with each other. Like Richard says, only if vBulletin can do it

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Interestingly, it reads for me on the top right hand corner:

Private Messages: Unread 1, Total 1.

Didn't have that from the beginning but is there for around two years I think. Have wondered for a while what that PM is.

pasag

RTDAS
Just had to do GIMH's avatar, for some reason it reminds me of the transformers logo. Dont know why, but it does. So stop slating people, that took me bloomin minutes to do in paint!! ;)

As for PM's, believe there still on for mods arnt they (one of you lot put a screenshot of CW up for something, noticed it below your username. So you've been caught out!).
Think for regular members it'd be good. People with over 1,000 posts arnt likely to come on here just to spam, and not everyone has each other on MSN (dont think mine actually works). Would stop a fair bit of the idle chatter, let people take arguments out of threads, and generally make it easier to communicate with each other. Like Richard says, only if vBulletin can do it
Nah have the message:

You last visited: Today at 07:53 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

But it doesn't work.