• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

View first unread post

Bazza

International 12th Man
I find this feature very useful on other forums, but on here it seems to just take you to the last post (there is already a feature for this!). Is there anything you can do James (or whoever!)? Basically if I could log in -> view new posts -> go to first unread post it is very useful, saves alot of time faffing around trying to work out which ones you have and haven't read. :D

Also, I would like to be able to add myself to my buddy list if possible, because no-one else wants to go on it. :(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bazzaroodoo said:
I find this feature very useful on other forums, but on here it seems to just take you to the last post (there is already a feature for this!). Is there anything you can do James (or whoever!)? Basically if I could log in -> view new posts -> go to first unread post it is very useful, saves alot of time faffing around trying to work out which ones you have and haven't read. :D

Also, I would like to be able to add myself to my buddy list if possible, because no-one else wants to go on it. :(
It works fine for me...

And I'll go on your buddy list if you want ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazzaroodoo said:
lso, I would like to be able to add myself to my buddy list if possible, because no-one else wants to go on it. :(
Hey...add me!!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
what does the buddy list actually do?
Go into user CP and it shows which of the guys on your list are online and you can send them a quick U2U easily.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you can see whos online easily enough on the index page.
Id say the buddy list is just a useless feature.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
you can see whos online easily enough on the index page.
Id say the buddy list is just a useless feature.
Not if you keep the CP open all the time ;)

Anyway it came with the new Forum.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Go into user CP and it shows which of the guys on your list are online and you can send them a quick U2U easily.
Alternatively, you can use MSN and you don't have to remain on a page on here!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Alternatively, you can use MSN and you don't have to remain on a page on here!
Yes but this is for people who don't have MSN and is quite useful if you put all the managers on WCC on your list so you can make offers easily.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It seems to work when the last unread post is on the last page.

The effectiveness of this will depend on how popular the thread is and how many posts per page you have :)

Bazza

International 12th Man
It's working all the time for me now, even if it isn't necessarily on the last page. Still I might change my settings so that I only have one page... I dunno.