• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb on front page of Google News (india)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What is tiresome is your continous insistence on trying to have the last word and also your insistence on using people's real name even though most of them dont want you to use it. You are so full of yourself that Your name should 'Me-chard' instead of Richard.

As for my pretending it twice, I guess the other time I said it in the 'Bye Bye CW' thread by Pratyush. I stand by it, because in your discussion you used the names 'Young' and 'Gelman' and I asked you not to use it because I dont know for sure who they are at least I didn't know who this guy 'Young' was and I assumed that you were talking about PY. TBH I still dont know if that assumption was correct or not. And that was the reason I asked you to not use real names in the forum esp when discussing something serious.

As for knowing that Gelman is Pasag - Yes I do know Pasag's last name is Gelman, I suspect there are other people with that lastname are around on this forum and also I didn't know that Zac was his first name, But when I read the article I assumed it was him.

Anyways, It was fairly obvious that I was trying to have some fun but jeez talk about making a mountain out of a whatever. I can see the future of this thread, 'Me-chard' taking over.
I can't, frankly, because I think it's pretty likely to be closed. Nonetheless, if I wish to have a word I shall take the last one, as if you're going to concede there's no point in starting ITFP. I couldn't give a damn about your belief that I'm full of myself, because frankly your opinion of me (unlike most on this board) matters not one jot to me. And most people actually have an informed opinion, unlike yours.

Virtually everyone on CW who's posted for any remotely decent length of time since the guy joined knows who Zac Gelman is - in case you missed it he's actually a rather important cog in the running of the site. There is no-one else in CW history who has revealed that they have the same surname. He has no wish for people not to use his name, nor has virtually anyone on CW. Stop trying to make-out like they do, it's pathetic.

A few people do indeed have such a wish, yes, and have either not revealed their name(s) or asked that people not use them if they have ever mentioned it. If someone asks me not to use their names - as perhaps 2 or 3 people have down the years - I am happy to comply. This is exceptionally rare, however.

If you can't keep-up with simple things (like PY being Pete Young) like people's names it's entirely your fault. Learning someone's name and who is who from posting-IDs is not remotely difficult.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I can't, frankly, because I think it's pretty likely to be closed. Nonetheless, if I wish to have a word I shall take the last one, as if you're going to concede there's no point in starting ITFP. I couldn't give a damn about your belief that I'm full of myself, because frankly your opinion of me (unlike most on this board) matters not one jot to me. And most people actually have an informed opinion, unlike yours.
Your 39000+ posts are enough to make an informed opinion about you. I dont need to make an extra effort to know someone who is a laughing stock on CW.

Virtually everyone on CW who's posted for any remotely decent length of time since the guy joined knows who Zac Gelman is - in case you missed it he's actually a rather important cog in the running of the site. There is no-one else in CW history who has revealed that they have the same surname. He has no wish for people not to use his name, nor has virtually anyone on CW. Stop trying to make-out like they do, it's pathetic.
I dont know if he is an important cog in running this website, wouldn't be surprised if he was, but couldn't care less. And no I didn't know for sure that his name is Zac Gelman, I assume it is his real name but still dont know for sure. Unlike you I dont keep track of every post ever posted on CW to know that there are others who dont have same last name. There are more than one person with name 'Zac', 'Sean' , Richard' , 'smith' etc on this forum and it is very much possible to have another 'Gelman'. And that was the reason I asked you not use real names when discussing something serious because it may create unnecessary confusion.

[If you can't keep-up with simple things (like PY being Pete Young) like people's names it's entirely your fault. Learning someone's name and who is who from posting-IDs is not remotely difficult.
So please tell me how do you know the real names of 'Top_spin' and 'Slow_love' from their IDs ? Dont post rubbish just because you have to have the last word.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Your 39000+ posts are enough to make an informed opinion about you.
For most people, yes. Not for you, though, evidently.
I dont need to make an extra effort to know someone who is a laughing stock on CW.
You clearly do, because you are a very poor judge of a laughing-stock.
I dont know if he is an important cog in running this website, wouldn't be surprised if he was, but couldn't care less.
If not, one questions what the point in even visiting CW ITFP is.
And no I didn't know for sure that his name is Zac Gelman, I assume it is his real name but still dont know for sure. Unlike you I dont keep track of every post ever posted on CW to know that there are others who dont have same last name. There are more than one person with name 'Zac', 'Sean' , Richard' , 'smith' etc on this forum and it is very much possible to have another 'Gelman'. And that was the reason I asked you not use real names when discussing something serious because it may create unnecessary confusion.
Sean, Richard and Smith are very common names. Gelman isn't. If you don't keep track of a decent amount of what's posted, that's your fault and your problem.
So please tell me how do you know the real names of 'Top_spin' and 'Slow_love' from their IDs ? Dont post rubbish just because you have to have the last word.
Presuming you're on about GoT_SpIn and Slow Love™ - it's very easy, you look around and see who people are on about when they post "Robert Hing" and "Jesse". Not difficult in the slightest, for those who can be arsed to make the effort.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A few people do indeed have such a wish, yes, and have either not revealed their name(s) or asked that people not use them if they have ever mentioned it. If someone asks me not to use their names - as perhaps 2 or 3 people have down the years - I am happy to comply. This is exceptionally rare, however.
I see to remember you arguing why you should have to call Anna by her first name and not her surname when she asked you use her firstname instead of her surname.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If not, one questions what the point in even visiting CW ITFP is.
So the point of visiting CW is to know who actually runs this website ? What difference does it make if it is run by PY, Pickup or Pasag ?

Sean, Richard and Smith are very common names. Gelman isn't. If you don't keep track of a decent amount of what's posted, that's your fault and your problem.
No I dont keep track of real names on the forum. I dont want to, I dont need to. I am supposed to remember the forum names of members not their real names. There is a reason why forum names are different from real names, If any member wants to be called by real name, he/she should register as such. Just because you have nothing else to do you in your life doesn't mean everyone should be following your rules.

Presuming you're on about GoT_SpIn and Slow Love™ - it's very easy, you look around and see who people are on about when they post "Robert Hing" and "Jesse". Not difficult in the slightest, for those who can be arsed to make the effort.
Dont shift the goal post, you said it is easy to learn someone's name from their posting ids. Please explain how in those two cases. TBF, I have heard(read actually) those names first time during my entire stay so far.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
No point IMO. Thinking they're misunderstanding each other because of some feud or dislike or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.