• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Active members"?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cricket Web Statistics
Threads: 25,077, Posts: 1,283,388, Members: 12,469
PlanetCricket Forums Statistics
Threads: 32,375, Posts: 786,713, Members: 28,003, Active Members: 8,681

i think thats a nice thing to show ,dont know what there criteria is may be u have to be active in last 3 months
I agree wholesomely with bi. If it were possible I'd have it as 20+ posts in the last 3 months.

If not possible, never mind. And it's no massive thing, but just something that'd be cool IMO.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Cricket Web Statistics
Threads: 25,077, Posts: 1,283,388, Members: 12,469

I agree wholesomely with bi. If it were possible I'd have it as 20+ posts in the last 3 months.

If not possible, never mind. And it's no massive thing, but just something that'd be cool IMO.
ACP; vBulletin Options; Forums Home Page Options
and check "Show total number of active members".

Cut off date for active is set to 180 days for us (roughly 6 months).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So someone registers... makes 2 posts... 78 days have elapsed since then... but they still count as active? :dontgetit

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, you could have made 20 posts in one day and not come back for 78 and be counted as active if you go with what you said. Besides, if a member made his first post yesterday, you'd consider him as active, wouldn't you? Thinking about it though, it'd probably be better to make it as whoever's been online over that period of time. And going by barmyarmy's post, that may be all that vBulletin can cater for, rather than an amount of posts over a period of time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah obviously. Ideally, of course, you'd say if someone had posted at all in the last, say, 2 weeks even just once, that'd be "active", and if they'd posted 20 times or more in the last 3 months then that too.

However, I'd guess the technology doesn't allow that.

I don't see why a member should be counted as active just because they log-on to use the Arcade though. The Arcade's just a sideshow, the forums are the real point of membership IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I say, think it would be cool to turn on TBH, using 90 days (for argument's sake) as the denominator. :)

stumpski

International Captain
3 months is ok i think..............

do we have more than half as active memebrs ??????

Nothing like.

Only 495 of those 12,000 members have made even 100 posts and I would hazard a guess that only around half of those have posted in the last three months.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Back with a BANG then Gegy?

That's the most outrageous quote-editing I've ever seen, methinks.