• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Server

Rich2001

International Captain
James just to let you know that the server went down for about the 3-4 time in 24 hours....

I know you can't do anything about it, but just thought I should let you know.

Richard

James

Cricket Web Owner
Are you sure Rich? Nothing was notified at my end?

Could it be a problem with your ISP?

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by James
Are you sure Rich? Nothing was notified at my end?

Could it be a problem with your ISP?
Maybe..like I said it was gone for only a matter of mins so might not have thought it worthy of contacting you???

But kept getting the 500 error like before...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I actually had a Server down message in the forum colours, then refreshed and it was unavailable, then refreshed again and it came back up!

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah James

When it went down for me it came up a plain white page... with just a single line of writting saying MySQL couldn't be conntacted or somthing...

Refreshed about 10 times getting the 500 message....then it worked again.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Oh ok - last night I asked our host to make a backup of the MYSQL database so that could have been the reason why.

That's the first thing that comes to mind.

Rich2001

International Captain
Oh ok - last night I asked our host to make a backup of the MYSQL database so that could have been the reason why.

That's the first thing that comes to mind.
Ok... All's working now, so everything is good :d

James

Cricket Web Owner
I wouldn't have thought a backup would have affected it but I suppose I don't know exactly what they were doing.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Yeah just to say guys I got something similar happen to me a little over 3 hours ago - must have been the same thing. Basically I just couldn't get on for a while. Went and got some dinner instead and when i came back it was fine. :)

Rich2001

International Captain
Stupid hosts - they seem to be having quite a few problems at the moment :(! :ninja:
James sort the new forum out now why nobody can get on anyway... :( :rolleyes:

James

Cricket Web Owner
People can get on now can't they?

I've been visiting the forum most of today and haven't had a problem.

The earliest time I can upgrad is Monday. I'll need a full day (about 10 hours) to upgrade the forum. That includes changing colours, adding smilies, etc, etc.

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
But you've just upgraded the forum...:rolleyes:

What? :rolleyes: I made the first comment about 1-2 weeks ago before the forum was upgraded....

And James just to annoy you after you finaly gave up last night after about 3 hours the server came back online about 5-10 mins after you had gone :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I ment it as a reply to James' post which you can find at the bottom of the other page...just above mine...

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
I ment it as a reply to James' post which you can find at the bottom of the other page...just above mine...
Sorry, didn't realize :( - That's why the quote button is there :P ;) :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes but I was being "alternative" like I am now...a rebel some would say :lol:

Nah it's just that sometimes I forget the quote button is at the bottom of the post instead of the top as it was in the old forum and I just click reply sometimes if it's just after a post...it's less hard to make the mistake then.