• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've seen other people use this function on other vBulletin forums.

In the User CP under "Edit Profile" in the section "Additional Information" is where this field is usually seen. I think this would be a neat little addition to the forum here if you can activate it. I can't see how this could be easily misused.

The end result is that your avatar has a little caption below it.

HeathDavisSpeed

What's the point an avatar really? Its just a little bit of frivolity.

But to answer your question, it could be used in various ways. The obvious would be to explain your choice of avatar, the second would be to add a caption for comedic effect.

HeathDavisSpeed

Do you mean an explanation of my avatar in particular, or are you generally in favour of the use of 'avatar captioning'?

HeathDavisSpeed

My pic will be back at some point, but I saw "Smash Palace" the other night and I felt it was time that Bruno got a deserved tribute.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sometimes takes a while (there is just a bit to be getting on with on a daily basis, in addition to the boss and Mr Twyman having jobs and lives), and the boss was on holiday when you first posted this thread.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm personally on the fence with this one.

What do others think and depending on the response, we can consider it for addition with discussion among the moderators.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

The main reason I suggested it in the first place is that it allows some explanation of avatars. Quite often the only way of finding out what an avatar represents is doing right-click, save as and hope the file name gives it away.

Plus, the option of a bit of comedy gold increases.

I realise that there would probably be a little bit of extra moderation involved, but I'm pretty sure that these can be disallowed in the Mod CP (Admin CP?) in the same way that a signature can.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The main reason I suggested it in the first place is that it allows some explanation of avatars. Quite often the only way of finding out what an avatar represents is doing right-click, save as and hope the file name gives it away.

Plus, the option of a bit of comedy gold increases.

I realise that there would probably be a little bit of extra moderation involved, but I'm pretty sure that these can be disallowed in the Mod CP (Admin CP?) in the same way that a signature can.
So basically Sledger wouldn't get one of those either then?