Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Richard's jest posts

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I agree fully, I've never so much as once been pulled-up for posting what's nothing more than a few asterisks. I mean, fair enough if you make a post with 10 of them someone might be justified in saying something, but the notion that anyone was ever told-off for just the odd piece of excercising the filter (which I'm assured, especially by Mitchell, they did) is a mad one IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    The rules were stated a while back as though as long as you don't try to avoid the filter, and don't directly abuse anyone, then it's okay. If swearing's not allowed and there's a filter, it defeats the purpose.
    Exactly. That's the way it should be and in the time since I've been back since January, the way it has been.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed
    the needless lengthening

of a post

by putting in loa

ds of blank lines

for no real reason

is

even more annoying.
    Agreed.

And IMO, Richard, it really isn't hard to use an appropriate smiley to get across when others shouldn't be taking you seriously.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I agree fully, I've never so much as once been pulled-up for posting what's nothing more than a few asterisks. I mean, fair enough if you make a post with 10 of them someone might be justified in saying something, but the notion that anyone was ever told-off for just the odd piece of excercising the filter (which I'm assured, especially by Mitchell, they did) is a mad one IMO.

Exactly. That's the way it should be and in the time since I've been back since January, the way it has been.
    The whole reason i managed to get Hing banned for 7 days was because he was getting warned for just swearing and insulting me because i was (quite clearly) winding him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    And IMO, Richard, it really isn't hard to use an appropriate smiley to get across when others shouldn't be taking you seriously.
    As I say - I've tried that, more than a few times, and plenty often enough it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Interesting then...
    TBH, if you were making any sort of point I'm surprised you didn't even mildly chastise this too:

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    The whole reason i managed to get Hing banned for 7 days was because he was getting warned for just swearing and insulting me because i was (quite clearly) winding him up.
    Insults that include swearing are generally, for obvious reasons, taken as larger attacks than insults with no swearing.

As (as you yourself mentioned once) demonstrated in the differing responses to you and Hing and a similar situation with you (and also Thomas) and Rodgie.

Interesting then...
    The only reason I wondered whether some chastisement was coming was because of the insult. It'd have been no different if KiWi had said "that Fuller fool" or summat.

The only reason I wondered whether some chastisement was coming was because of the insult. It'd have been no different if KiWi had said "that Fuller fool" or summat.
    What's to say he wasn't using the "s-word", referring to the whole kerfuffle about Fuller, rather than an asterisked word about Fuller used as an insult. That's what I first read it as; it may have been a direct insult, but I'm not going to go firing shots everywhere.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Haha another thread for Richard! Richard you lucky... .

Anyways, I agree with Vic on the fact that it's much better to use a smiley instead of the "this post was in jest".

Other than that, the "this post was in jest" thing doesn't really bother me much either.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    What's to say he wasn't using the "s-word", referring to the whole kerfuffle about Fuller, rather than an asterisked word about Fuller used as an insult. That's what I first read it as; it may have been a direct insult, but I'm not going to go firing shots everywhere.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I don't have a huge issue with the "jest" thing as such. I'm not saying this to have a pop at Rich, but I think it's fair to say he's not overly endowed in the humour department & sometimes where he may have been joking (after a fashion) people have assumed (myself included) that he was being serious.

The only time I ever really had a prob with it was when he went back & edited a post about an hour and a half after the fact to include the standard disclaimer in a (vain) attempt to weasel out of a Greigy.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Banned
    And that's absolute bull****, frankly.
    No it's not, frankly. You try to dominate this place to a point where sometimes every 2nd post deserves a roll-eyes tbh
    Last edited by Fiery; 04-07-2007 at 02:24 PM.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    You try to dominate this place to a point where sometimes every 2nd post deserves a roll-eyes tbh
    This is beginning to turn into every one on CW against Richard and quite frankly I find it rather pathetic. Richard may be a stubborn, irritable old sod at times but in my short experience on CW I don't think he's made personal attacks on members (the acception SW/BLE).
    Last edited by Pup Clarke; 04-07-2007 at 02:30 PM.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    This is beginning to turn into every one on CW against Richard and quite frankly I find it rather pathetic. Richard may be a stubborn, irritable old sod at times but in my short experience on CW I don't think he's made personal attacks on members (the acception SW/BLE).
    Nah, it's something that needs to be said tbh. Enough people on the site are irritated to be having this discussion, obviously

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    There are more irratiating things on this website than Richard. Scaly Piscine for one is one member who I really despise. Every single post he makes is sarcastic, offensive and downright rude. But I don't see people laying him like they lay into Richard.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information