• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IP Address Tracking help

Agent TBY

International Captain
Okay, so I just need some help regarding IP tracking. So my uni batch has created a yahoo group for ourselves, and a very abusive (to everyone in our class) post was made on the group using an anonymous ID which was created solely for that purpose..

So I checked out the IP that was used to make the post and tried it on an ISP tracking service and it gave me a set range that the ISP used. Now, another student in our class has an IP in the same range, and I need to determine if it was him or not. Though the IP was not an exact match, it fell into the same range.

So, I need some clarification. Does the IP falling in to the same range mean that it could be the same person? Or is there some other way of assimilating more concrete proof? What exactly does CW do when such a situation arises?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, at the end of the day your mischief just isn't quite complete without you being found-out, banned and the ban causing outrage.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
His ban has rarely caused outrage except the last time he was banned. I must say, he has followed forum rules diligently on his return this time and it is glad to have him back without the bans.

Last edited: