• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Become a Cricket Web Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I nominate Richard (If it's possible to be a staff member and a moderator)
The boss, Andre (ex-deputy), Rich Tywman, Corey, Neil, Liam, Tim... all Staffies and Mods simualtaneously.

Indeed, being a Staff Member, as the boss stated
* Have they worked on something CW related and done a good job. Were they reliable.

* Do we feel as though they would uphold the rules of the forum and set a good example to other members of the forum.
can often be an advantage.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
In general, it comes down to:

* Is the member a respected member of the CW community? no

* Do they have past moderator experience? no

* Have they worked on something CW related and done a good job. Were they reliable. no

* Do we feel as though they would uphold the rules of the forum and set a good example to other members of the forum. no

* Would they fit into the current moderation team? no

* Do we feel as though the member is trustworthy. no

There's always many good applications when it comes to people applying for moderator positions and it's always a tough decision. yes
:laugh:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good luck to all prospective mods. I can't help thinking that being a moderator is a pretty thankless task; you don't really have any real power as a 'new mod' and you'll get a lot of flak thrown at you for the slightest little mistake. I can hardly imagine that its a glamorous job, so for all those willing to take such responsibility on, good for you!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Good luck to all prospective mods. I can't help thinking that being a moderator is a pretty thankless task; you don't really have any real power as a 'new mod' and you'll get a lot of flak thrown at you for the slightest little mistake. I can hardly imagine that its a glamorous job, so for all those willing to take such responsibility on, good for you!
Fair point, which is why I hope somebody who is well respected around the forums is given the job.

roobarb

Cricket Spectator
I'm one of the moderators on another (much smaller than this) cricket forum. We have recently changed providers (from SL to vB), but needed to recruit a new moderator (and we are very liberal with what we allow post-wise). We had so much nonesense over the whole issue it was unbelieveable. Ended up with a fantastic chap (through elections) but it was not an easy task aand the amount of cr*p he got in the early stages is beyond belief (we only have 100 members or so). Good luck, especially with a site this size.

Last edited:

roobarb

Cricket Spectator
Hmmm... am I allowed to link this? It's a very small group which came about as a result of a larger forum being spammed as a result of no moderation. Just a 100 reasonably active members. Found this place as a result of the CWC fantasy league and we had a littlleleague with some of the regs. I'm interested in comntributing here but am worried i'll be seen as a spammer. I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.