• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Invisible mode

Do you use invisible mode

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Who uses it? And if you do, why? :dontgetit

A few I know do are Voltman, Pete (PY), Manju (altoz), Fiery, Perm, Gelman (pasag), SJS, Tharmi (chaminda_00) and Collins.

I've also thought Dasa and TT_Boy (and maybe even Marc and Halz) have started to recently?

(Sorry about the lack of a Dasa in the poll, BTW - thought this was a bit too serious)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't even remember why I first started to use it, but I just cbf to go and change it.

Fiery

Banned
No offence Rich but why not just respect people's personal privacy regardless of the reason? The reason people do it is not really anyone's business but their own tbh

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
They're not compelled to reveal it. It's entirely their choice.

Oi Crampton, why are you suddenly deciding to use it now? :huh:

;)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A better question would be how you manage to notice, Richard. Given how frequently you post when you're online, I don't see how on earth you could squeeze in checking the "Who is online" list regularly, much less do so often enough to notice when someone who isn't on it is posting. I'm not having a go at you here - I'm legitimately wondering if there are other such ways of finding out.

As for the topic, I see no need to. Firstly, I never really care who is online so I don't check the online list - I just reply when I see something worth replying to. And secondly, I don't care if anyone knows I'm online. If people want to use it, it's up to them though.

HeathDavisSpeed

I noticed that Fiery must be in invisible mode as his 'green light' is never on even when he replies almost instantaneously to anyone elses message. It stands out a mile really. Not that it matters, I couldn't care less.

Fiery

Banned
I noticed that Fiery must be in invisible mode as his 'green light' is never on even when he replies almost instantaneously to anyone elses message. It stands out a mile really. Not that it matters, I couldn't care less.
Yes, I am in invisible mode. I'm on a computer all day for work so usually just stayed logged in to CW, (if you must know Heath)...why should I have to explain this anyway?

HeathDavisSpeed

Yes, I am in invisible mode. I'm on a computer all day for work so usually just stayed logged in to CW, (if you must know Heath)...why should I have to explain this anyway?
You don't. As I said, I don't care why people are invisible or not. Someone asked 'how you could tell' if someone was invisible online. That's all. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I only use it cus you advertised it last time. Also a lot of the time im log on to CW im not actually there, just got the site open, while i do other stuff, so im invisible anyway.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I just turned it on once and never bothered to turn it off. I don't think it particularly matters whether or not people know I'm online, does it?

James

Cricket Web Owner
The only difference is, we mods/admins can see if you're online, regardless of whether you're in invisible or not.