• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attachments - specifically images

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Is it possible to attach a full sized image to a post, ie. it will display like a linked image, but has been uploaded from your local machine?

If so, how is it done?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, it's not possible, the only way to get a full-size image is to link to something on the web. That's easy enough to manufacture, though, just use files2net. :) I've started doing that heaps since the boss and Rich recreated it.

Dick Rockett

Another question (not related but I didn't want to start another thread).

Is there any trick to digging? The "Archived Forums" seem to be limited to only major events, and I can only get 500 results back if I search for a user's posts, which is obviously inadequate as most regular posters are way over that.

I figure I'm missing something well obvious here.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Another question (not related but I didn't want to start another thread).

Is there any trick to digging? The "Archived Forums" seem to be limited to only major events, and I can only get 500 results back if I search for a user's posts, which is obviously inadequate as most regular posters are way over that.

I figure I'm missing something well obvious here.
Well digging's straightforward - you just post in an old thread and it comes back up to the top of the pile.

The Archived Forums are only major events, each forum can be searched in itself (using the "Search this forum" tool in the top left of that forum sub-window), and the easiest way to find what you're looking for is to use search-specific words. Though of course that doesn't work if it's a one-liner with "it is" in it, because no word shorter than 4 letters can be searched upon.

Dick Rockett

I guess what I was getting at had more to do with randomly browsing really old threads, rather than looking for anything specific. Thanks anyway.