• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will get to 50,000 posts first?

Who will get to 50,000 posts first

• marc71847 (whatever it is)

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Richard

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nearest to the foot of the keyboard (where the spacebar is which I use to press "submit"), and one of the least-used letters, so it's hardest to get the idea I did it in error.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Caps filter? Is that why I can never get the : D smiley to work? (and yes, I know there's no space when you use it in anger)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nearest to the foot of the keyboard (where the spacebar is which I use to press "submit"), and one of the least-used letters, so it's hardest to get the idea I did it in error.
Space bar?

How's that work out of interest - can't get the old Alt+S to work any more so have to use the mouse (of course I have to then use the mouse to close the post I've just made, but that's irrelevent!)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Caps filter? Is that why I can never get the : D smiley to work? (and yes, I know there's no space when you use it in anger)
That's why a post that is just ":D" or :-O" (I think they're the only all-CAPS smileys) won't work, yes. The same way if you post "IMO" by itself it'll come out "Imo" unless you bypass it by using the technique such as I do (most of the time I forget, then go back instantly and edit it).

It is a touch annoying, but there are 1000 infinately worse things.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Space bar?

How's that work out of interest - can't get the old Alt+S to work any more so have to use the mouse (of course I have to then use the mouse to close the post I've just made, but that's irrelevent!)
Remembering I use the full-reply function (don't know if it's different with the QR that everyone seems to use) I type the post, press TAB twice (moves the selected-area to the "Post Icons" part first, then the "Submit Reply" button) followed by Space-bar to fire the button.

I tend to find it's easier than using the mouse - which is so fast on my laptop (out of my own silly choice, of course) that it's very very easy to miss a small button like those on the post-reply screen.

PY

International Coach
Space bar?

Alt-S doesn't work for you? It's all I use for quick reply stuff.

Puzzling...

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
In terms of stats:

1. Who on the forum holds the highest average number of posts per day (min 1000 posts)?

2. Who are the top 5 forum members with the highest daily average posts?

All the best :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I thought when I saw the Last Post "I wonder how many laugh smilies there will be..."

I guessed 6, and lo-and-behold... I was right.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Alt-S doesn't work for you? It's all I use for quick reply stuff.

Puzzling...
It is strange - think it went last time I upgraded Firefox - got used to it now, pressing alt seems to take me to my history which freezes the computer for a few seconds but Alt + S doesn't post...

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
I thought when I saw the Last Post "I wonder how many laugh smilies there will be..."

I guessed 6, and lo-and-behold... I was right.
Always laugh and smile out loud (6x) when I think of people that waste their "life" all day and all night long in front of a computer. That is why I am keen to find out who they are !!! Do you happen to know anyone in that category? If so, let them know to get a life...please. Cricket is a great sport....but not 24/7. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope the 8 smilies does not contravene any policy on this forum. If it does, then I retract the "excess" smilies and defer them for another post.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I hope the 8 smilies does not contravene any policy on this forum. If it does, then I retract the "excess" smilies and defer them for another post.
I don't know about smileys, but 8 roll-eyes would get you an outright ban. Don't say we didn't warn you.

frey

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't know about smileys, but 8 roll-eyes would get you an outright ban. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Thanks for the tip !! I'll be really....really...careful about how I visually express/post my innermost thoughts.

Then again......what the heck !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.