• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A few more mods with ban powers?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Filocricket basically spammed the forum today for quite a while and he will be banned in due course when James/Rich comes on I am sure. However, I was thinking whether it would be right to give a few mods the ban power to use only in cases of emergencies like we witnessed today.

Cheers.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd agree, actually. Maybe not even banning, just give some the power to suspend an account (if that's possible) pending the boss-fella's decision.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah, would need someone in the other hemisphere when James is asleep. PY is on often and very reliable, maybe him. Endorse the idea though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've thought that vis-a-vis BLE hundreds of times.

I'd be quite happy with Pete, or Neil\Liam for pity's sake. Pete told me the other day that he doesn't read the forums as much as he used to though, so that's worth bearing in mind.

Heck, Rob Cribb even suggested giving it to me to deal with BLE... :ph34r:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I'd agree, actually. Maybe not even banning, just give some the power to suspend an account (if that's possible) pending the boss-fella's decision.
Yeah I would agree.. Suspending in a manner feasible (a momentary ban say) till James can come in and decide.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Naturally. Clearly people like Neil wouldn't abuse it if it came into use, but I could understand James wanting to be the only person who could issue them.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd not dream of expecting it, certainly.

That's not to say I'd turn it down if offered, mind. I'm more responsible than most give me credit for.
Just put it this way, I think there would be too many complaints from members if you were given that kind of power.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I say - that's something I'd expect.

However, such worries would indeed be unfounded, I can categorically state such things. I'm no officious power-abuser.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As I say - that's something I'd expect.

However, such worries would indeed be unfounded, I can categorically state such things. I'm no officious power-abuser.
I realise that, although I would still feel uncomfortable with you being given such powers, especially with you not being a moderator or anything.