• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What the...

Matt79

Global Moderator
There are currently 180 guests looking at CC, after there's only been a handfull all evening? Any ideas on what's going on? :blink:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Are most guests?

I'd guess its some sort of "bot" thing or something, which is how we got the most members online ages ago.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
And btw:
15 (4 members & 11 guests)

Jamee999, blinkatesh, pup11

But that makes no sense, how can there be 4 members but only 3 listed?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You can be a "invisible" member, where you don't appear on the "Current Active Users Viewing This Thread" bar, or the "In this Forum" or whatever it says in the forum thing.

Something in User CP can set it off.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
You can be a "invisible" member, where you don't appear on the "Current Active Users Viewing This Thread" bar, or the "In this Forum" or whatever it says in the forum thing.

Something in User CP can set it off.
What's the point in that? :huh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, I've always wondered why people use that function.

A few who do... pasag, Voltman, Perm.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I've always wondered why people use that function.

A few who do... pasag, Voltman, Perm.
Well spotted Richard. Can't remember why I changed it to Invisible Mode, I'm sure there was a reason at the time though.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I did it on other forums, where people often started threads when they saw someone online, and since I was often logged in at work but not actually browsing the forum, it made sense to go invisible so they didn't think I was being rude and not answering despite being logged in.

Loony BoB

International Captain
My money is on Yahoo! Slurp Spider. It's notorious for sending out hundreds upon hundreds of spiders at once.

James, if you want people to be able to tell which guests are actually guests and which are bots/spiders, fix your vB Admin CP up. It's easy... just go to vBulletin Options > Who's Online Options > Enable Spider Display and select 'Yes'. Sorted.