• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has Richard recently accelerated his post count ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is what really baffles me - I just don't see how you can seriously believe he's let it go. He has been prejudiced against me in a manner no-one else has pretty well from post #1. I'm not going to simply let him throw potshots at me continuously.
He has let it go tho. As he said you've been on his ignore list since your lastest return to CW. Whenever I see a post from Scaly there's as often as not a comment from you. You don't like each other; we've got that. You're just labouring the point now.

I'm also going to do occasional things like making snide comments about your propensity to not only use ignore-lists, but bang on relentlessly about doing so. If you were to create a file of negative comments from both sides, the number from your side directed at me would considerably outnumber those in the other direction.
That's hardly mature or healthy towards the forum atmosphere, is it? Let it go! Scaly's forever taking plop about a football team I support & I (usually) manage to ignore the bait.

But yes, if I ever became a mod it'd undoubtedly be a classic p-turned-g - and I'd forgive anyone for having misgivings if I assumed such a position, though Fitzsimmons, Goff and Towns have hardly proven 100% popular, either.
TBF only one (no names, no pack-drill) has really been the source of any discontent from what I've read & that has been discussed ad naseum elsewhere.

Craig

World Traveller
To be fair, whilst I'm sure Richard will be an excellent staffer as his cricketing knowledge is superb, he has been banned once for accusing Barney Rubble (who must be about the nicest bloke on here) of being racist & he has (or had) a tendency to get in somewhat long-winded discussions that take threads miles off topic. If he became a mod it would be something of the poacher turned gamekeeper.
Pardon for me going off topic, but can anybody show me that thread if it exists?

Craig

World Traveller
Sorry, can't even remember what the "racist" comment was regarding now much less which thread it was in.
Fair enough.

I know Richard hasn't been perfect, but what is it with Piscine calling (or at least in the past) Richard 'Motson' all the time?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough.

I know Richard hasn't been perfect, but what is it with Piscine calling (or at least in the past) Richard 'Motson' all the time?
Probably retaliation for Richard referring to him as EXD.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fair enough.

Well, I have no idea what the history of that particular name is, but it doesn't seem any different from the fact that Richard calls SP "EXD" all the time.

archie mac

International Coach
Pardon for me going off topic, but can anybody show me that thread if it exists?
Could not be bothered looking for it, but I think it was a thread started by SJS and was for feedback regarding staff articles. It was a sticky thread for a long time:)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair enough.

It's really quite innocuous IMHO. John Motson is the BBC's main football commentator, who is quite nerdy & stat-obssessed (which I suppose is the Richard reference), but is generally fondly-regarded in football circles.

EXD (Elitist Xenophobic Dimwit IIRC) is probably more of a slight, even if the second adjective may possibly have at least some substance regarding Scaly's one-man comedy monologue about The Arse & Terence in particular.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just an observation I couldn't help make... For a long long time Marc used to run through 50 odd posts a day, but Richard was just not too long ago sitting on 20,000 posts. Today I couldn't help but notice , he has suddenly shot out to 29,000 odd posts... Marc seems to have lost his lead a little :laugh: , posting a tad fewer than at his furious pace...:laugh:

Has anyone else noticed this....:)
Richard's post count is directly proportional to the skill level of the Bangladesh cricket team. As you rightly said, at one time he used to regularly bumble along posting the odd couple of insightful observations here and there, and really he only used to go into 'Megapost' mode when someone suggested that Bangladesh deserved to be playing international cricket - and of course that had to be refuted strongly for the good of cricketkind (usually with references to Geoff Boycott and first-chance averages).

Well, there's more people praising Bangladesh of late - so there's plenty more a-refutin' to be done.

Simple really.

And Marc's from Coventry - no further explanation necessary

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I can honestly say that I disagree with Richard on a lot of things - like 9/10 of the time. He may get into debates into a lot of areas about cricket, but that's fine because he is always passive about it. He doesn't seem the type of guy to try and instigate a fight. He is more concerned with the debate and the issues at hand. Of course, I see that Panesar post and I have to say I disagree strongly with his inclinations. But generally - as none of us are perfect - 99.94% of the time Richard is a good bloke.

This post wasn't meant to take a side in this either. I have read SP post as well and he too is a good bloke.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'm a member of the "Richard Appreciation Club". Top bloke. I think he does a fine job as a staff member. As far as his (high) post count, I think it's good for CW. People like Richard and SS keep the boards alive. Their posts get other members to respond and engage in debates. Nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.